But, we want to be free!!

by ThiChi 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Very good. So if they think you have any WT "point" lets tear the poor person up? You prove my point. (Like the PIC!)

• LB
    LB

I'm no victim and don't think many of us are. But you just referred to yourself as the "poor guy" so who wants to be a victim now? This is a board inhabited by ex-JW's. What do you think we're going to be talking about? By the way, you're doing the insulting around here.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Re-read the posts!! Cowboy, and don't worry, I still care, I know what is going on here, it is just funny that WT is all that anyone can apply it to.......and then start ripping

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377
    you got me there. I truly know what you are saying! However, there must be more, there must be..........

Isn't this thinking what got a lot of us into the org in the first place (besides those of us who were dragged in by a parent or other family member)??

Ever bother to read what the "main" section description for topics is?
    TR I agree with you. The whole purpose of this forum is for anything witness related. So of course we come here with the WTS on our minds.

and then start ripping
    Who started ripping?? I am confused. I have seen no ripping by anyone in this thread. But I have seen ones come here and post to this thread, giving you their thoughts and opinions in a respectful manner.

ThiChi,
    Don't come here and start a thread then try to flame those who respond to you. We enjoy mature discussion, not childish rantings.

Shelly
    Former victim and recovering wonderfully from a broken spirit
    Smile, because we all have been freed from slavery!!

• FreePeace
    FreePeace
    "Free Peace," yea, right!

Hey, I think I've been insulted!

FreePeace
    "The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest
    Who Am I? -How to Reinvent Yourself After Leaving the WTS

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

What do some of you mean when you write you never personally asked to be free?
    Do you like the idea of being puppets of God rather than free willed individuals better?
    Isn't that one of the things most of us found appalling in the WT?
    In fact- isn't that what we did ask for when we chose to leave the watchtower- to be free?
    Freedom doesn't mean we get to decide what the truth will be,
    it means we are free to make our own choice to follow it or not.
    God doesn't want puppets- he wants people who honestly choose to love him for who he is.

It's NOT like driving past a woman with a flat tire &
    saying, oh well she wanted equal rights.
    Why? because God does help us in the here and now with the mess people have made and even miracles happen today. There is an appointed time for All the pain, suffering and sin to be wiped out but it's not here yet and human sin made all these problems.

And here's just a little something to think about:
    How do you know God doesn't talk anymore--
    He used to- why would he all the sudden stop?
    As far as to what language he'd speak: I think God's smart enough to know every language and talk in any of them :)

• Satanus
    Satanus

Thichi

You started this thread w a hypothesis. You gave nothing to support it, but you complained when people took exception to it. Other than complaining and trying to pick up lilacs, you havn't done much.

SS

• patio34
    patio34

ThiChi,

Please answer this question: if man is responsible for his own mess by not wanting God's commands, who or what is responsible for the mess (violence) in nature?

Pat

• TR
    TR

Adonai,

Freedom doesn't mean we get to decide what the truth will be,
    it means we are free to make our own choice to follow it or not.
    Follow WHAT "truth"?

TR

I'm gonna make mince meat outta that Osama!

• COMF
    COMF

Man: "We want to be free, and want no God telling us how to live."

God: ""

Man: "Um... hello; I said, 'We want to be free.'"

God: ""

Man: "Oh... we ARE free. Ooh, that's spooky. There must be more, there must be... Let's make up a god."

Man: "...and God said: 'Blah blah blah'"

this sums up the Jewish/Christian belief of why, if there is a good, all powerful God, evil exists?

Sorry to pop your bubble, Chi. It sums up nothing.

It is a good question that needs some thought!

Truly spoken. Perhaps you'll have time to put a little more into it.

I don't relate everything to the WT like most of you...

You come to Jehovahs-Witness.com and run everybody down for talking about witness-related topics. Smooth move. Do you go to Sears and condemn everybody for thinking about nothing but gaining more material possessions?

We do have lives beyond this forum, Chi. But, just as we don't talk about Jehovahs-Witness.com to the checkers at Sears, we don't talk about shopping at Sears, or most other aspects of our lives, on here. Just as Sears is devoted specifically to buying stuff, this forum is devoted specifically to discussing JW stuff. Neither reflects the sum total of our thoughts, or activities.

COMF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit