But, we want to be free!!

by ThiChi 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Man: We want to be free, and want no God telling us how to live.

God: Fine, do your own thing.

After numerous murders, genocide, and other evils, we hear this:

Man: I can't believe in a God who would allow all this evil to happen
    and not intervene to prevent it.

God: Why not? You wanted to live without My commandments, and only got
    what you wished. I WILL stop evil in My time. But for now, sit in the
    moral poo of your own making, and stop complaining that it stinks. After
    all, you got exactly what you wanted.

John Woodmorappe

• Martini
    Martini

ThiChi,
    (cough)...One tiny little point if I may....

Ummm I never asked to be free! Then again I didn't know that God
    actually speaks to humans, let alone english!

Martini

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*clap clap*

breathtakingly stupid!

• Francois
    Francois

Um, agreeing with the previous poster, I think it was the ancient Hebrew tribes that demanded a God over them and wanted to be free of God and shit like that. It wasn't me, dirtbag, nor anyone I know.

Your intelligence is obviously limited, but perhaps you can understand that whether we want it or not, we are totally free and always will be. We have the freewill choice to do God's will or not do it.

I choose to do his will as I understand it, not as sixteen senile octagenerians in Brooklyn understand it (which they apparently don't), especially given the utter and complete failure of everything they've ever published. By telling me that I have to choose their will over God's will they insure a place for themselves with the hypocrites.

• sleepy
    sleepy

"You wanted to live without My commandments, "
    Beside not personnaly requesting this,I though it was impossible to live up to Gods commandments as we are imperfect and sinners.

Sets us an impossible task and we get kicked in the butt for not being able to do it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

An arbitrary theological world view based on cave man mythology. Thichi, you should personally check back w god. Ask him if what you said really happened. Then wait for its answer.

SS

• FreePeace
    FreePeace

I was one of the first to view this post as it came up. There were so many instantaneous reasons that came into my head as to why the above post is utterly pathetic and stupid that I didn't want to waste my time refuting it.

I have to commend SixofNine for putting my many thoughts so succinctly:

*clap clap*

breathtakingly stupid!

FreePeace
    "The World is my country, and to do good, my religion." --Thomas Paine
    TruthQuest: http://beam.to/truthquest
    Who Am I? -How to Reinvent Yourself After Leaving the WTS

• Richie
    Richie

ThiChi.....
    Incredibly shortsighted indeed! I left the ORGANIZATION, not Jehovah.., in fact I decided to draw closer to God by staying away from the WT hierarchy and now...the truth has set me free! I don't do the underhanded things anymore while being a witness, and many more things which I would prefer not to mention on this board...
    Yes ThiChi, I used to think like you, believing that the Borg was spirit directed, then I used my God given free will and intelligence and found out there is life outside the Watchtower but inside God's heart....

Richie :*)

• LB
    LB

So what you are saying Thi is that God can fix things now but will let us rot in the mess we have going for us? Sort of like us driving right past a woman with a flat tire right? Hey she wanted equal rights, screw her!

Pretty loving provision. Almost as loving as disfellowshipping.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

My goodness, can you all -please give the WT stuff a rest? The point (not like the point on most of your heads) is that this sums up the Jewish/Christian belief of why, if there is a good, all powerful God, evil exists? It is a good question that needs some thought!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit