Imputation- do you agree?

by Lillith26 69 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I'm sure you would agree with me that they were needy, at the very least.

It sounds like you think that God didn't know if they would sin or not.

Human beings were created needy....of God.

And of course, God knows all things. So he knew what would happen. How could he not know?

BTS

• caliber
    caliber

partial quote from original post..

Imputation implies that guilt passes from person to person from generation to generation, and redemption is passed from Christ to us. We are denied an afterlife in heaven or immortality on earth because of the sins of our fathers

I can't speak for everyone or anyone other than myself but I just don't see this idea of Christians feeling deep guilt for past generations.

I would say there is acknowledgment of our condition (sinful tendency) and therefore responsibility of us as individuals to do something with our life

I like this quote....

The cult really doesn't know how to account for the Holy Spirit, or the fact that faith is a gift, not something that men bring to the equation

If we cannot see anything bigger than ourselves and beyond our understanding & eyes then I agree all would seem pointless

and nonsensical.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I never really put much thought into the "validity" of original sin.

To be truthful that thought of someone dying via torture to atone for the mistake that two people made 1000's of years before so that current and future generations have a chance at salvation, always disturbed me.

God knows US, he doesn't need an act by his Son or by US to KNOW that we have repented or that the mistake of others has been atoned for, that would make him NOT omniscient.

So what was the ransom for? why did Jesus die horribly on that cross?

Paul says that only the (willing) sacrifice of a perfect human (Jesus) could the mistake of the (then) perfect Humans be atoned for.

Adam and Eve's fall from Grace was atoned for by Jesus's willingness to Die for Us, ie: we deserve God's grace so we have it back.

That wich was lost has now been given back to Us.

Or something like that...

• snowbird
    snowbird

And of course, God knows all things. So he knew what would happen. How could he not know?

BTS

That's my take.

Why didn't He step in and stop them?

If He had done so, what would they - and we - have learned?

Sylvia

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

If God had stepped in, even after he told them not to do it, he would be controlling them and the gift of free will would not have been given.

Adam and Eve had evertyhign they wanted, everything, with one simple condition, don't eat the MOFU APPLE or you will be punished.

Well, they did it and they were punished, can't really blame that one on the Big G.

• caliber
    caliber
    So what was the ransom for? why did Jesus die horribly on that cross?

For legal reasons , for on-lookers in heaven & to display to us blinded and shortsighted humans his sincerty, love and commentment

to us. Like the question ..how far will you go to prove the depth of your care and concern for humans ?

This is also an important reason or factor ...

If God had stepped in, even after he told them not to do it, he would be controlling them and the gift of free will would not have been given
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

I guess we can view Jesus's death in this way:

He went through all that we go through as humans, he chose the lest likely people to be his disciples, he saw us at our very worse and he still believed that we were worth dying for, he loved us that much, so his sacrfifical death was a statement to US, not to God for God already knew that, that WE ARE WORTH LOVING and as we know, only love breaks the cycle of hate and violence, heck it breaks any negative cycle.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Well, I for one believe we gained much more in Christ than we lost in the fall. I believe the fall was Plan A, not plan B

• caliber
    caliber

Why can one understand words like imputation , judgment guilt NOT see the simpler

message of Grace, Love and Patience of God ?

Mortgages... Do you agree ? Yes you have a debt.. you pay it.. one day the house is yours !

a most beautiful thought here....

God already knew that, that WE ARE WORTH LOVING and as we know, only love breaks the cycle of hate and violence, heck it breaks any negative cycle
  • BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Well, I for one believe we gained much more in Christ than we lost in the fall.

God's will cannot be frustrated. Nothing can separate Him from his beloved.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit