Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 08-02-09 WT Study (THE CHRIST)

by blondie 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Blondie, I love you your commentaries on the WT. THANKS

• I discovered
    I discovered

True Christians share Jehovah’s feelings toward such apostates; they are not curious about apostate ideas. On the contrary, they “feel a loathing” toward those who have made themselves God’s enemies, but then a Christia Christian must hate an must hate leave it to Jehovah to execute vengeance.—

A christian must hate those that don't go by what the wt has to say. oh, yah and God is going to kill them for that.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Another insightful response to the lies of the wt.

Thank you Ms. Blondie!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Billy the Ex, I love the flaw you point out. It's too bad I can already hear the WT weasle out that with saying that the angel announced a future event as if it already took place, same with the other scripture. It doesn't fly, but JW's will swallow anything with a Made-in-Bethel label.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Thanks again Blondie.....another article full of a bunch of bull.....this one must not have had much of an impact on my wife, normally I get at least one comment about how wonderful the WT study was or what a great and meaningful talk...

• Jankyn
    Jankyn

Here's what grabbed me:

COMMENTSBased on the games the WTS played with "baptizer" and "baptist" where is this going?

Jesus Christ = attention on Jesus as individual "clearly"?
    Christ Jesus = attention to position held by Jesus
    THE CHRIST = office of Messiah

Obviously, where they're going is that "the Christ" is the annointed, and by further elimination, only the GB. How long, I wonder, before they slip that one in somewhere?

Thanks, as always, Blondie, for your incredibly insightful deconstruction of this stuff. I don't know how you can stand it, but I really appreciate it.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Very insightful post, Blondie. What struck me as odd was the way the title of the article was constructed:

Why Follow "the Christ"?

Why is "the Christ" in quotes? We are talking about Jesus Christ, not some fake Christ, right? I thought that was kind of odd. And I did notice how 'the faithful slave' got plugged at the end. In fact, I've noticed that in the concluding talks at the special assembly day and the district convention. The last thought offered is, not about Jesus, but about 'the faithful slave'. Now it makes sense, thanks to you all.

Small Along the Watchtower,

SD-7

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks everyone for your encouragement and comments. I enjoy what you say so much; well, probably not Atalaya's comment but I'm used to the cut and paste comments or regurgitation. The rest of you are so refreshing.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Interesting. This article could entice someone to follow "another Christ". It that really a good idea?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Blondie, you are great and the comments are so very appreciated and spot on!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit