Straight from the C.O.

by swa 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• swa
    swa

Hello all, I have been lurking, looking, reading, and digesting for around 2 years and it seems the time is right to post. I recently had one of those moments at the Kindom Hall where I found myself looking around thinking "am I the only one who gets it, why doesn't anyone else have this puzzled look on their face?". The C.O. said during is second talk to the congregation "all of our food, our magazines, and all our wonderful books, and videos come from/through these 9 men". He went on to say how busy they are and how we should appreciate Jehovah's use of the Governing Body.....but no mention of the Faithful Slave, just a direct admission that 9 men control all of the spritual food recieved by the flock. A few moments later it was back to business as usual with Faithful Slave this and that, but for me it was a major statement and something not to be forgotten.

My personal story will follow sometime soon, just wanted to share that for now.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks ...

We knew it all along that FDS = GB = FDS.

Hi, SWA, and welcome.

Sylvia

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome. Yes, they want members to still believe in the entire number but act like they understand the slave is the small group of leaders in the ivory tower.

Other food for thought: what really is the difference between "inspired" and "spirit-directed" ?

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Welcome, swa--looking forward to hearing your story!

Wow! I've never heard it expressed so plainly. Seems like the official take on the FDS is slowly but steadily shifting to being just the GB. Still, hearing a CO state it so forthrightly from the platform is fascinating.

• Farkel
    Farkel

This goes to show that despite the original Elder arrangement being restored in the early 1970's, it wasn't much later when Elders were told that a Circuit Overseer is NOT "just another Elder."

Today it is, "the GB are NOT just another FDS."

Tomorrow it will be, "Jesus is NOT just your ONLY redeemer."

Day after tomorrow it will be, "Jehovah is NOT just your ONLY God."

Farkel

• chickpea
    chickpea

always good to hear
    an insider verify what
    is discussed on the forum

welcome to JWN

• restrangled
    restrangled

Welcome SWA!

r.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Well, at least they are making some progress...back in the old days, it all came from just one man.

So, who really is the faithful and discreet slave?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome swa, and yes they wan't their followers to believe they are all part of an elite group...sigh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit