Straight from the C.O.

by swa 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TMS
    TMS

For so long the GB was a hazy, anonymous group of unnumbered men for most JW's. We knew Knorr, Franz, Suiter, Larsen and maybe one or two others. During the 50's and 60's at least, we seemed to think of Knorr as running things with other important men under his direction.

I recall a Circuit Overseer prayer c.1968: "And dear Jehovah, we are so thankful that the Watchtower now reveals the names of the 12 men on the governing body. Oh, Father, thank you for that so much. . . . . . "

That was sort of a beginning of attention to the GB for me.

tms

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

GB members is just a Title devised by themselves to separates them from what they really are

Editors and Publishing Executives for the Watchtower Society, a literature publishing company.

But they really are the only Organization directed by god's holy spirit on earth ........trust me.

• I discovered
    I discovered

Hi,

swa,I have been lurking off and on for about seven years. I left a long time ago. This board and others were the support I needed to

never go back. Can't give my story because I don't want any more problems that others have caused me since I left.

It's nice to see you posting and I'm looking forward to your story.

• I discovered
    I discovered

swa

To clarify those still in have caused me problems not anyone on this board or others.

Thanks for sharing the info on the gb. I think their are a lot of others that are lurking as well.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I recall a Circuit Overseer prayer c.1968: "And dear Jehovah, we are so thankful that the Watchtower now reveals the names of the 12 men on the governing body. Oh, Father, thank you for that so much. . .

I came "in" in 1973. I didn't know that before that time the governing body member's identities were "secret."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Very true--and they all say about the same thing.

As for why others didn't get it--that they are effectively worshiping those humanoids, that is because they are programmed to worship this Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. They mistake the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger (which merely hounds and beats the flock) with the Faithful and Discreet Slave, which are those who dispense the actual truth. The real Slave does not expect glory for its work, and they will tell the truth as best they can. True, they make mistakes, but they are willing to correct them (plus they allow others to cross-reference their work so they can catch and fix any mistakes).

To compare, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger does not admit when they are wrong. If anyone points out one of their mistakes, they are viewed as wicked and running ahead of Jehovah (even if the mistake is later corrected, after many lives are ruined by the error). They expect reverence and worship, and do not allow cross-referencing to catch the mistakes they are certain to make.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

swa: "The C.O. said during is second talk to the congregation "all of our food, our magazines, and all our wonderful books, and videos come from/through these 9 men".

Could these nine men be the "Council of Nine"?

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/179718/1/These-9-Men

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit