I need someone to explain...

by desib77 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

thank you, caliber

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

isaacaustin, leolaia has asperger's syndrome:

I have Asperger's Syndrome. I can attest that it is a "real thing". I grew up before it became a widely recognized diagnosis and though I had many autistic symptoms, I did not fit the diagnosis of autism. There was no label at the time, as I said, but it fits me to a T, except I also had language delay. I hear that language delay is actually quite common and no longer viewed commonly as a contraindication.
    While my problems were far more severe as a child, I have worked out coping strategies and some issues are only occasional annoyances. I guess you could say I mostly now pass for normal and my behavioral variances fall within the wide parameters of interpersonal variation a good deal of the time, though that means I usually expend a lot of energy "keeping up appearances," and sometimes I still come across as eccentric or weird.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/57523/1/Aspergers-Syndrome

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

thanks blue, I was just going to post that very link regarding Asperger's Syndrome. It gives at least one sample diagnostics test. Lack of comfort with eye contact, intense preoccupation with one thing to the exclusion of all others, and high need for structure and routine: these are all core to who I am and how I function.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

There are apologists who support abusive husbands, pedophiles and rapists and serial killers too. I put the WTS right in that same pile.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

so there's all sorts of things that people need explained so they git it

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i'm lost

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spike, I apologize for my misconceptions on Asperger's syndrome, which were based on my own experiences with it...which led to my disbelief of your claims.

Moving forward...

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Apology accepted, Isaac. There's no need for someone to explain, at the moment…

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit