I need someone to explain...

by desib77 57 Replies latest jw friends

• desib77
    desib77

This forum seems to have changed quite a bit and I'm kind of confused about the different people that respond to posts. I need someone to explain what a JW apologist is to me. Is that someone who is not or has never been a JW but doesn't think there is anything wrong with what they do / teach?

It seems that there used to be more ex-jws and even a few jws that shouldn't, by their own standards, have been here but it was always clear to me where people stood..... now, not so much.

????

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Lucy! You has some 'splaining to do!

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

An apologist, by my understanding, is one who defends a belief or idea. So anyone who defends the JW beliefs, whether they have ever been a member of that organization or not, would be an apologist.

I haven't been here for long, but it seems we have a nice mix of people: long-time faders, instant faders, disassociated, disfellowshipped, inactive w/ family in the org, active and living a double life, apologists, and the occasional active believer who accidently stumbles across the board.

• desib77
    desib77

Thanks for the explanation......... seems kind of ironic because if you believed what they say you would have to be one..........

Thanks again.

• wobble
    wobble

I am a JW apologist,

I unequivocally apologise to the whole of mankind for being so STUPID as to be a JW for 58 years.

Love, grovelling,

Wobble

• desib77
    desib77

Wobble.............. lol :)

• blondie
    blondie

Hi, desi, long time no see.

Blondie

• undercover
    undercover
    Lucy! You has some 'splaining to do!

LOL Mast....I get your joke from the other thread now...

• desib77
    desib77

Hey Blondie :) Good to see ya..........

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

You may also want to get reasonably familiar with what the term "Christian Apologetics" means, too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_apologetics

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit