A "possible suicide" results in no JW support

by donny 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Will Power
    Will Power

Isn't dying as a result of refusing blood the same as suicide? Even more so since you cannot use an excuse like depression, mental disorder etc. which is more often the case with a suicide??

• donny
    donny

The elders told the family that they would not have congregational support even if it was at a funeral hall. That's just the way it is. My co-workers daughter is stating how "jacked up" this sitaution is because to her recently departed friend, the organization was everything. All of those years supporting the organization got her nothing in return.

• donny
    donny

Also, as legalistic as they are in the English congregations, they are even more tight-assed in the Spanish ones here in the US. They make legalistic people look liberal.

Donny

• donny
    donny

Also, as legalistic as they are in the English congregations, they are even more tight-assed in the Spanish ones here in the US. They make legalistic people look liberal.

Donny

• wantarevolution
    wantarevolution

That situation is horrid

there was an awful case in my home country where a brother, universally loved, took his own life following a failed marriage.

The service was at a crematorian, and well attended (the CO was there, as was someone from the bethel)

god it was sad, but it did show love for the family with so many being there. The prayer (said by the CO) pulled so many to tears - it is etched in my brain

"Jehovah, we know of your love for us, and your love for this family - we leave them in your hands, and in the hearts of their friends and we leave xxxxxxx in your memory"

it is amazing what can be said, without saying anything.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

If it ain't too late, encourage them to have a regular funeral home service. If they cannot find a family member to speak about the person, let the funeral home director do it.

I did the funeral home service for my grandfather and grandmother (neither a JW) but my mother was a JW and most of her cong. showed up. Granted, I was early in a fade and they knew nothing of it during my grandmother's funeral (and still an elder for my grandfather) but I gave a real eulogy instead of the WT crap. It's much more comforting.

• loosie
    loosie

That is so sad. Elders are a** holes. I bet this is the cayalyst that makes this family leave the "truth". Jw's do have a knack for making their followers want to leave.

• minimus
    minimus

The elders just would rather be safe rather than possibly offend Jehovah or one of the sheep. That's all.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Its bad when jw's jump to conclusions they can make a bad name for anyone when they get an idea in their head.

An autopsy will soon reveal if the perscription drugs were in her system enough to kill her...

h4o

• donny
    donny

You would think they would err on the side that it was an accident if they have a choice in the matter. From what I have read above, even when it's obviously a suicide, a brother can deliver a talk at the funeral.

But as I said before, the Spanish congregations tend to be the most hard nosed on issues like this. I was visiting the congregation of my now ex-mother-in-law and one of the elders pulled me aside after the meeting and tried to counsel me for disrepecting Jehovah by chewing gum in the hall while a talk was being given. Can someone please find me the scripture that talks about gum?

Donny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit