A "possible suicide" results in no JW support

by donny 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Donny, I am so sorry for your friend and his family, and the family of the departed woman. Unfortunately, this contemptuous behavior of the elders in the congregation does not surprise ME.

I hope that some good might spring from this tragedy... that the bereft might see the lack of love and find strength and love elsewhere.

May the departed find peace and joy.

Blondie, may I just say that you are an indescribable gem of a resource for this forum! Thank you so much for finding that article. Incredible.

Love to all involved,
    Baba.

• blondie
    blondie

But as I said before, the Spanish congregations tend to be the most hard nosed on issues like this.

Donny, do you think that is the spillover of their past Catholic background where suicides are not allowed to be buried in consecrated ground. A Catholic woman here at work brought that up on a separate subject wanting to know how jws felt about suicide. That's why I had that article so fresh in mind.

Blondie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Sounds very familiar. When my father in law killed himself, not only did the congregation refuse to allow a memorial at the KH, the handful of Witnesses that did attend a private service made a grand display of leaving in a huff when Bill's friend got up to sing "Amazing Grace".

There is no love in that sect, only rules and small minds who not only come up with more rules but demand absolute and blind obedience. This creates miserable human beings who behave miserably to others.

Chris

• donny
    donny

Donny, do you think that is the spillover of their past Catholic background where suicides are not allowed to be buried in consecrated ground. A Catholic woman here at work brought that up on a separate subject wanting to know how jws felt about suicide. That's why I had that article so fresh in mind.

Blondie

Yes, I believe that has a lot to do with it. Another thing I noticed when attending the Spanish meetings was they had even more of a fear of demons, pocession and the like. My ex-wife and her parents were always looking for something to throw away because they thought it was affecting them or the house in some way. I heard some of the most bizarre stories about evil supernatural occurences when talking to members of the Spanish congregation that met in our hall.

Donny

• JoJoJones
    JoJoJones

It seems as if Jehovah's Witnesses are conditioned to be cold and callous without even realizing that this is what is happening to them. It is like an insidious process. And the elders seem to be the most affected. So when it comes to suicides, pedophilia, and the blood issue, and so on, there isn't much hope of receiving compassion from any JWs, particulary the "judicious" elders. And forget the WTBTS from whom all lack of mercy flows. What a disgusting mess has been wrought! Human beings are not being treated like human beings, because of the mind games that have conditioned JWs. It's pathetic.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

the CO should be contacted about this, and someone should go through the whole congo list and invite everyone to attend

• crapola
    crapola

I feel sad about this. When someone is despondent enough to commit suicide, they should have received the needed help to begin with, and the family sure don't need to be treated like they have the plague or something. And in this situation it was'nt even ruled as a suicide. They did'nt know what this woman was thinking.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

And a funeral/memorial is for the survivors, not the deceased, anyway, since any deceased is conscious of nothing at all.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Must be a local thing. One of my friends killed himself in the late 90's. No question it was a suicide--he had been fighting with his stepdad and mom and he threw himself in front of a truck. They had a memorial at the kingdom hall.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

So if someone smokes or overeats and dies as a direct result of their actions.....(You know where this is going) Wouldn't that be a form of suicide? They certainly can't say they didn't know ahead of time what they were doing...

That's one reason a lot of JW's quit working where they had to sell cigarettes so the blood wouldn't be on their hands..

What about working in a fast food restaurant..or even eating there a lot...

That can really be taken to extremes defining the word "Suicide"..

Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit