Out of the Closet

by darkl1ght3r 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow! I am in awe of the stand you took in answering those questions so unswervingly.

I am very sorry you lost the ones who said they love you.

Welcome home.

Love,
    Baba.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hi Bemjamin - I am you a year ago. I am trying to build the courage to do the same. THANK YOU for your post.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Congrats!

Did you celebrate Christmas last year? Or did you have some other major "out of the closet" moment besides the "announcement"? ... just wondering.

You have a lot going for you. 29 is still young, and you don't look too hideous in the pictures that you'll scare away the ladies. I hope you work things out to start making great friends.

B the X

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Wow Billy, you making a pass at him on his first thread?!

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Ben, thanks for sharing your story. You seem like just the kind of man I hope my sons turn out to be, how on earth could your mother turn her back to you, shows how very sick they are. I hope I can answer those questions as bravely as you did, I am just a fader but my day is coming, thanks for the encouragement. NMKA

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Benjamin and welcome back :)

Good to see you smiling in the pictures.

Isn't it liberating how those who have left the "religion" can actually be free to be themselves, use their real name, post pictures of themselves and stuff?!

You have lost some things along the way but you have already gained much and there are much better things in store for you, so keep looking forward.

All the best,

Stephen

• darkl1ght3r
    darkl1ght3r

NMKA - Thanks that's quite a compliment...

Chalam - Yes it is liberating. The freedom from control and superstition is invigorating. I love life and my fellow humans more than I ever have.

BtheX - Yeah, ok... poor choice for a thread title. (Not that theres anything wrong with that!) So let me assure everyone that the closet I was referring to was simply the "cult closet" and being free from the fear of retribution from the cult. I wanted to excercise my freedom to post my pic and name on here. My 'still in' family (and the elders) know I posted on this site and I have a feeling some of them still check up on me. So that's why I posted in the public part of the forum. To make the point that I'm completely out, have no regrets, and never going back. No ambiguity.

Soooo... yeah, that's right ladies... I'm single. ;-)

• besty
    besty

i love Google ads - the one at the top right now is for an all-gay Alaskan Adventure cruise - jees you have to go to Alaska to 'cruise' these days?

anyways - poor choice of title aside this is a great post Benjamin - good job putting your money where your mouth is - the rest of your life is truly yours now, and don't be surprised if you convert some JW family members to the dark side along the way - in any case - like us - we are late 30's - the JW madness is stopping with our generation.

PM Sweet Pea or myself and we will arrange an apostafest in your honor :-)

• flipper
    flipper

DARK1LGHT3R- Hey Ben ! Great to see you back here dude ! I enjoyed talking with you last fall when you were contemplating your exit. Thanks for the recent PM exchange and I look forward to staying closer in touch ! Lost your phone number for awhile -but I'll call later today hopefully ! Isn't it amazing how nice and authentically friendly non-witness people can be ? I have found that as well with non-witness relatives or former friends I had pre-cult that I've hooked up with again. I just want to tell you how proud I am of what you've accomplished and I consider you a great unconditional friend for life ! My wife sends her love as well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit