Out of the Closet

by darkl1ght3r 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• wobble
    wobble

Hi Ben, and welcome back !

Thanks for your story,it will help many I'm sure.

I do admire your stand, I have taken the route of "Fading" but have said to my family that my reasons are scriptural and conscientious, they tried the old emotional tack "your Father must be spinning in his grave ...." I replied that he would have admired my actions as he was a man who lived by HIS conscience, not what the WTB$ said, they went silent.

I am sure your family will mellow somewhat as time goes on,in the meantime cherish those who welcome you, your non-JW family,and us !

Perhaps when you have time you can post some more,about your research and your thought processes as you de-converted ?

All the best for the future,

Love

Wobble

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome back, Benjamin.

It's great you have some non-JW family to support you. I wish I had that luxury.

Cheers

Chris

• oompa
    oompa

Benjamin.....inspirational.....i wish i had the guts you did, but i am at midlife with kids in out, and life is pretty complicated. Both sides of family in for ages.....i am so sick of not being totally free, but right now i am almost totally shunned for my open mouth/thoughts of truth about the truth......but not dfd and i do try and talk about it less to my old jw friends and family who do not shun me.......they have a right to believe what they want i guess

tell us......how do you cope with the weird loss?........do you block it out?.....have you just found a way to accept it?.......my son was kick out about 5 years ago at 17 and losing total social has been very difficult for him, as it has me........thanks...........oompa

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks for sharing your experience, Benjamin. I am inactive and a "fader" which works for me. We found comfort in reaching out to our non-jw relatives who did not reject us nor insist we take on their religious beliefs. We have also reached out to workmates and volunteered and found friends in this areas. This is a good place to come and find out new WTS info and learn from the experiences of others.

Love, Blondie

• Robdar
    Robdar

Welcome back!

Many blessings to you on your new path.

Robyn

• dinah
    dinah

Welcome back, Benjamin. I'm happy you have family outside the organization to help you. What you did took courage.

• awildflower
    awildflower

I don't know guys, this looks like another one for the calendar.........I'm just saying is all..........wf

• undercover
    undercover

Now that's an introduction...

Welcome Benjamin Spencer.

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

Congrats on your new-found freedom. I hope that will be me some day.

Sorry about losing your wife over this. Your situation sounds similar to ours, as my wife's non-jw extended family who we previously had almost no contact with have welcomed us with open arms and have shown unconditional love.

We should celebrate as the WTS has lost another of its top performers.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Congrats and welcome to the board!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit