Out of the Closet

by darkl1ght3r 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Welcome Benjamin. Our stories are the same. Congratulations on your courage to leave. Let's hope many others follow.

Is that Monterey in one of your pictures?? I have fond memories of a trip there. We're in LA - drop in anytime. Just send us a PM.

Sam & Paul (aka Besty)

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Welcome back. Always nice to have another hot guy around here.

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

welcome Ben, thanks for sharing, don't worry your not alone here you have tons of wonderful friends in this site that will be here for you. hope to see more of your post.

Peaches

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome back!

Your story is inspirational.

There is indeed life outside WT, even if it comes at a great personal cost.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome, Benjamen.

You have your whole life ahead now. Have you completed your education? Since you are now single you can concentrate on learning/doing something that will make you feel as though you are really contributing to society as a whole. Something you enjoy.

Wish I had "known" thirty years ago.

Wishing you the best.

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

Benjamin, thanks for sharing your story with us. I admire the courage it took for you to take a stand and leave. It sounds like you have truly started to move on with your life. Good for you! You are still a young guy and have plenty of time to live your life fully and with joy. Many of us here wish we had known the real truth when we were younger. I look forward to your comments in the future.

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

Hi Benjamin

Glad that you are here and had the courage to put down the Watchtowers and antidepressants. Thanks for the post it was great.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Yowza, what a dramatic exit, darklighter/Benjamin!

I'm sorry about the loss of your wife and some of your family, but you'll find, if you haven't already, that freedom is worth it.

Keep us posted on your progress.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Your description of how you were welcomed by "worldly" family brought tears to my eyes.

My Witness family shunned me long before I was df'ed in March. ( That's a long story... totally dysfunctional family....) And I have no worldly family.

All the best to you.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Congratulations for standing up for your conscience. I am sorry for the consequences you have had to suffer. But world is open to you now. You are more free than before. Good luck.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit