The Generation That Will Not Pass Away...

by undercover 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• civicsi00
    civicsi00
    civicsi-I had a very similar conversation with my mom and she shunned me for months. Because I was so hateful(?) to tell her that her religious teachings had changed. Sigh. Good luck with the rest of that conversation.

Thanks. I'm letting it slide for now, but the next time I see her I hope to bring it up again.

Funny how questioning their beliefs is considered persecution, as if you're torturing them or depriving them of something. Instead it's the WT that deprives them of the real truth..

• knock knock
    knock knock

Since some of you actually knew the people on that magazine cover, seems to me that if you superimposed the names and if they are still alive it would have a bit more visual impact. I would do it but don't have a clue who is who.

• Heaven
    Heaven

knock knock said: Since some of you actually knew the people on that magazine cover, seems to me that if you superimposed the names and if they are still alive it would have a bit more visual impact. I would do it but don't have a clue who is who.

I think adding each persons birth and death dates (if they exist) would add impact as well.

• I discovered
  • Farkel
    Farkel

:The Generation That Will Not Pass Away...

Yes, but two generations who said that generation would not pass away have passed away.

Farkel

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My father is so good at not comprehending anything that goes against his belief system that he still hasn't got the message that the 'generation' has been unhitched from 1914, even though it was a study article and, I can guarantee you, he marked his Watchtower, and either answered up, or took the study.

I haven't bothered to point it out, even though it was his threatening me with his nearly dead 1914 generation that finally broke the lock and spilled my cognitive dissonance all over the carpet.

So, if anybody thinks that all JWs have forgotten about it, they are welcome to knock on his door and ask him.

Cheers

Chris

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

For that famous generation I left school in the mid 80's and became pioneer. Now I'm paying the conscequences of a false prophecy...

I was telling my friends, classmates, that the world would end very soon, and for sure before the year 2000. My dad wasted his life for this cult, now he is gone and he never seen a WT's prophecy fullfield.

After I left the cult I told my friends that I was wrong and acted as a false prophet

Any how generation is about 25-30 years. When Jesus told that Jerusalim will be destroyed during the time of a generation He was correct. The end of the Jewish system came within 35 years. Can you imagine the impact of Jesus words if 150 years pass by and no end at the horizon?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

Interesting how these old boys all got close to 120. Check it out, this was written 3500 years ago

Genesis 6:3 (New International Version)

3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal ; his days will be a hundred and twenty years."

this scripture is nothing to do with individual ages..it was that noah was told that he had 120 years to build an ark etc etc before the flood came.

plenty of folk since this was written have lived longer than 120 years inc noah himself - shem, abraham, isaac, jacob

just saying

• I discovered
  • warmasasunned
    warmasasunned

if a generation can go on for what seems an endless amount of time, what was the point in using the term generation....

something we all understand to mean an average life span....

all religion and i`ve yet to come a cross one thats different, is so based in human thinking....

god is jealous, god wants your worship, its all mysterious, difficult to understand... bollocks!...

health and happiness to you all, even those who continue to bang on about god religion and the bubble.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit