The Generation That Will Not Pass Away...

by undercover 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,534804,00.html?test=latestnews

Britain's Last Living World War I Veteran Dies at 111

How's that Watchower prophecy working out?

• snowbird
    snowbird

That was the first thing to come to my mind when I read the report about him.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/179276/1/WILL-DEATH-O-LAST-WW1-VETERAN-BE-SEEN-AS-SIGNIICIANT-BY-SOME-JWS

Sylvia

• Heaven
    Heaven

No one in my family born on or before 1914 is alive. NO ONE!

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

A question for former Bethelites....

Those in that picture on that 1984 Watchtower were old-timers at Bethel. I recognize a few of them, but not all. It would be interesting to post a picture of that Watchtower with the names of those Bethelites and note if any of them are still alive. I would guess that most of them have passed away by now.

I see Babette Herrlinger, Sophie Yuchienewicz (sp?), Harry Peterson, George Gangas, Mary Hannan....but I'm not sure of some of the others, though they look familiar.

Anyone else recognize a few faces?

Anyone know if any of these people are still alive?

• LightCloud
    LightCloud

I thought they already side stepped this problem with the "New Light" that it would be that the generation being refered to was anyone who felt the effects of the events of 1914 would not pass away before the end.

Or has that been revised again?

• undercover
    undercover

Hey, caba...

When I was putting that post together, I looked at those faces and wondered if any of them were still alive. I would have to guess that going on 25 years since that photo was taken that most, if not all, are gone.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has info on them...though you did pretty good to recognize some. I have no clue who any of them are.

• undercover
    undercover
    I thought they already side stepped this problem with the "New Light" that it would be that the generation being refered to was anyone who felt the effects of the events of 1914 would not pass away before the end.

Yea, they've changed the "generation" teaching a couple of times...

...but it doesn't change the fact that they did at one time proclaim that this generation would not die. So they can change the doctrine as much as they want, the prediction is in print and proven to have failed, even if it's after they fiddled with the words and meanings.

False prophets are what they are.

• Room 215
    Room 215

I recognize Knorr's valet Dick Dederian

• LightCloud
    LightCloud

Oh no doubt Undercover. That whole issue was one of the tipping points for me. Becuase of how close the end was I made several life altering decisions based on the faulty time line, theorizing, and out right fabrication of the WTS and then to back track on it to basically making it an infinite deadline was alot to take. I just wish I would have known what I know now.

• Chalam
    Chalam

How's that Watchower prophecy working out?

Badly, like all the rest.

Dude, the other veteran in the UK just died the other week Henry Allingham

Interesting how these old boys all got close to 120. Check it out, this was written 3500 years ago

Genesis 6:3 (New International Version)

3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal ; his days will be a hundred and twenty years."

Well the Lord doesn't change His mind Hebrews 13:8

As to the generation, of course the WT pick a false topic. Jesus' words have nothing to do with WWII but the place where He was living, Jerusalem.

Israel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Six-Day War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit