How many here actually still believe that there is a God??

by annalice 93 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
    ninja

tijjy!!!!....I missed you mate........great to see you here

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I do. He sent me this little dude that really likes Flogging Molly.

• ninja
    ninja

I do......

ninja

.....on topic...for once........ONCE

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

hey ninjjy ..i didn't even know this place was still going..

and it made me doubt the existence of ninjas

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

That's the Glasgow way....we'll set about ye.

Heheh.

• homeschool
    homeschool

I think this way: If Jehovah's witnessess are wrong, it does not mean that the Bible or God is wrong.

If the Bible are wrong, it does not mean that God is wrong.

I do believe there is a God. I do believe in doing merciful things for my neighbour.I agree with this. Always believed in something & have always prayed my thanks. I know they love me even if I don't know who they are...I've been saved from quite a few life threatening situations. And I always try to say 'thank you'. Now I've decided to read the Bible in full. I don't wanna knock it anymore till I've read it!

• BurnTheShips
  • Quandry
    Quandry

Yes.....I will say yes. I still do.

I feel that there is still good in some people that must reflect qualities that do not come from chance, but I readily admit that I have no answers.

Did God create dinosaurs? Did we all evolve from amino acids and such over millions of years of time? Was there an Adam and Eve? Heck, I just don't know.

• Watkins
    Watkins

Wow - I've enjoyed reading all your answers - pro and con. One thing I'd like to say to the one(don't remember who) that said something about evolution - to believe in evolution doesn't mean you can't believe in God - only fundy Christians believe that way. I think the truth is somewhere in the middle and I really think we can't know the full story right now. The bad stuff that goes on in our world - who did it? Did God do it to us, or has mankind done it to themselves and over the millenia are we reaping the results? I believe the latter.

One's belief doesn't harm another's unbelief and vise-versa. Can I prove that there IS a God? If you don't accept my proof as valid, then no, I can't. But can you, in turn, prove that there is NO God? Same difference - man, it's a draw! I'd rather believe and later find out I'm wrong than curse a God I don't believe exists and later find out I'm wrong. (But of course I believe I'm not wrong to be a believer, even though I don't believe what I was taught about God as a Witness - in the JW-style God I'm a non-believer, lol) ((I wondered how many times I could get "believe" in there - oh, there's one more!))

watkins

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Yeah I still do. It's hard for me to look at the intricacies and beauty of creation and deny a designer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit