What woke you up to the WTS?

by megaflower 31 Replies latest jw friends

• villabolo
    villabolo

Their pathological self worship. How they always seemed to be reinforcing the control the Organization had over us even while mentioning God.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

When I realized that the elders under the direction of the WB&TS didn't care if my abusive jw husband killed me. Why I thought I was anymore important than those who were at risk of death due to the blood issue is beyond me!

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

A tier 3 sex offender sitting in the row in front of us.

• Son of Man
    Son of Man

It was their own teachings that revealed the falsehood. Their chronology did not add up.

Where does it say 144,000 will be in the heavens and that the group as a whole are the singular "faithful and discreet slave"? How could only 12 of the slave rule without allowing the others to take part? This is utterly ridiculous ! !

• Gregor
    Gregor
    FlyingHighNow -

Better watch it. You'll get locked again.

The booger concern about what the cong looked like to outsiders than how cruel or ridiculous it seemed to those inside

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Mine was a slow awakening from the doctrine and personal observations of the WTS operating for it's own interests above the individual members.

I started feeling free to look at things they said and did questioningly when they changed "this generation" in 1995.

While I lingered on, there were some major observations:
    1. I was asked by the Illinois Regional Building Committee to go down to Hurricane Katrina Relief, but not until Winter. They cancelled me at the last minute because there wasn't room on the bus unless I was an electrician, plumber. Even though I had experience with Hurricane Hugo and Andrew, I was not an electrician or plumber. I offered to follow the bus in my own vehicle, carrying others and more stuff. I was denied because they had no place for me to stay. I offered to stay with friends and drive to the work site each day (I did that at Andrew Relief). I was denied. The RBC fellow and his buddy took their wives and children- his wife said how much fun they had and about some great picnic they had. I wanted to go to work, not to picnic.

2. A GB member spoke at a local DC and I never heard of him. I realized I was promoting doctrine from guys in Brooklyn and I didn't know even their names.

3. I told my mother about my concerns about "this generation" and she told me about 1975, clearly making excuses for the WTS.

4. I was chairman of a JC that was split on how to handle a situation. One elder called Bethel and told the PO that we had to handle it a certain way, not the way Brother OTWO wanted to handle it. All we had to do was refrain from making an announcement IF and UNTIL the situation became widely known. (It did not.) Handling it Bethel's way totally embarrassed this woman and demolished her positivity and self-asteem.

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

I think FHN made alot of excellent points about doctrinal issues. I can also relate to Jamie in a way, even though my ex husband was minorly abusive compared to what she went through. Mine was a tyrant who enjoyed being part of an organization that promoted women bowing down to him, but quickly lost interest when it stopped working for him.

I was severly annoyed by hearing that Christians should not wear denim to the meetings. Also, we are to dress at home or leisurely the way we would when we go to meetings. I was stumbled by a religion that would choose my fabric. This showed they want complete control. It led me to investigate their doctrinal controversies.

• oompa
    oompa

no UN prob for me & no sex abuse thing as i knew nothing about them......and no people/elder probs for me.....i always got along and even had great friends and good times.....however

i never felt close to god nor understood why he wanted to be worshiped.......and there were just too many "crazy" interpretations of things......esp. in daniel, ezekiel, and da biggy......revelation climax book which was nearly as bad as the babylon book i vaguely remember as a kid.....it went on forever........even my elder dad would laugh when i asked him how a frikkin tract or talk or magazine was some fulfillment in REVELATION!!!.....geeze and when i was growing up it was all TYPE and the ANTI-TYPE!!!!!!arrrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!!!!they were endless

and of course i had a problem with the ohsobrief mention of this faithful slave?!?!?......ya think that MIGHT have been more than a blurb????......i mean that would be kinda important.......and the memorial weirded me out with all the passin and not eatin and why the fluck are we other sheep there when we were not at the first meal and they all ate!?!??!.....and that is why they passed....to eat

but i was able to keep all that and more up on the big back shelf as i waited on jehovah like a good witness.....never even tempted to go to apostate sources!..........so what brought the shelf down?

finding out what they did to the bible in 1950 or so when the came out with THEIR OWN BIBLE!!!........well excuse me!....but ANY group that writes their own holy book and makes it say whatever they want it to without a shred of evidence as far as manuscript support will not get my vote of confidence anymore!!!.........i mean it was drilled into me that the bible is the infallible word of god and divinely preserved and protected by god....

i mean of course he would have to protect it or man would not REALLY have his word......right?.........so it more than shocked me that WT claims the bible was corrupted by satan and his apostate buddies in various ways.......and WT figured they would use their crystal ball and put things back the way god must have first wrote it!!!!!!!!!!!........well lmao........that info which is in their own lit if you study hard enough or write them about was enough to ruin my faith in jw, wt, bible, and ya........god..............nice goin guys............thanks a load..........oompa

did i come across bitter???.......hmmmm

and sorry this was so long.....pm me if you want info on the big changes WT made to the bible and how easy it is to show them from their own bible

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Being exposed to local congregation politics was an eye opener, esp as an elder. Thats why, as a former elder, I don't cut too many bad elders slack. A very small few really believe that YHWH works through them, the rest know its string pulling politics...

Oh but wait, if its politics and not YHWH behind everything, that must mean........

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

That must mean behind all men is a more powerful woman, right??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit