A good friend of mine was df'd this week.

by wha happened? 75 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• donuthole
    donuthole

As a P.s - I would suggest that the removal of song 191 has maybe something to do with the weird, "if your body members, you control" lyric and the imagery it conjured up.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

they just dont want people to make the truth their own anymore becuase if you dig to deep youll learn its not the truth and leave

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

can anyone post the lyrics?

• apostate from way back when
    apostate from way back when

It's my brother-in law who wrote it, and if it's difficult to sing it's because 'the organization' changed and screwed up the lyrics (like everything they touch). I told him he should take his key board and speakers, set himself up and sing the song the correct way and serenade the JW's as they filed in for their Sunday morning meeting. I'd be there with a tamborine singing with him.

• whoknows
    whoknows

The lyrics to song 191 "Make the Truth Your Own", as my husband wrote them, were simple and elegant. A simple appeal directed at young people to really study the bible and live the life with sincerity and conviction. He was horrified when the book came out with lyrics having to do with "controlling body members". It was a joke. Mentioned in the same way and snickered about as the "molested bees" lyrics. At least it gave some people a good laugh. When you did any composition for the borg, they have total control to do with it what they like. They also changed the melody a bit, and not in a good way. Just to set the record straight.

• whoknows
    whoknows

p.s. r.a.m. Yes, he composed the song and wrote lyrics, but as I said, they were molested. Also, song 210 is difficult because they decided to cram too many lyrics into the song in order to make it a Watchtower study set to music, hence you can't sing it easily.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

The Society is on a witch hunt, literally, I mean lets face facts, you guys are away from the congregation two years, fading nicely I am sure and volia your all of a sudden discovered and then the trouble starts for your husband. Now that is a witch hunt. I meant two whole years and they catch up to you. That is dispicable to say the least.

Are they playing the avenging angel or what? If this had happened to me, I would have told the body of elders look I haven't been to meetings in over two years so why do you have to bother with me now, just please walk away as I have nothing to say. If they had called again I would have asked them to leave and if they didn't I would call the police for tresspassing and I sure as hell wouldn't have gone to any Judical committee meetings, I would not have gone. Whats the worse they could do to you?

Disfellowship you? Probably but you wouldn't have had to go through all the crap they put you through if you didn't go to that JC meeting. I didn't attend any JC hearings I wasn't about to discuss my personal mistake between three men. My sin I addressed with God and God alone and I will take my chances with His justice.

I have been to other peoples hearings and I have seen how they have been treated. I was treated roughly treated when I was privately reproved and they turned around and decided to make it public reproof. That infuriated me so much and I know my elder father had something to do with it;

That is all it took and my downward spiral commenced and kept spiraling until I left the organization and my husband of 28 years, in Dec/ 99. I have never regretted my choices and at the same time I have never looked back, only forward and God has blessed me hundred fold. I am now a Christian and I try every day to walk as he walked, of course I fail miserably but I try really hard to do my best. I have a wonderful church family and a great house to worship our Lord.

I do hope your friend will be okay and will get over the disfellowshipping. Oh I hate that word. It isn't even in the Bible. A few words of comfort.

Lord give strength to those who love you with a good heart that the power of the holy spirit helps us to endure each and everyday, Also Father to those who are our friends here in JWN and other such boards with friends in need of help and support let us please be used by you to save as many as we can from evil cults.

To those who are lonely or depressed strengthen them and may you bless all of us as we work to make this world a better and safer place today tomorrow and forever.Protect us all and watch over us to the honour and glory of thy Holy Name

This we ask in the Name of Our Lord Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Shalom

orangefatcat

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

The Society is on a witch hunt, literally, I mean lets face facts, you guys are away from the congregation two years, fading nicely I am sure and volia your all of a sudden discovered and then the trouble starts for your husband. Now that is a witch hunt. I meant two whole years and they catch up to you. That is dispicable to say the least.

Are they playing the avenging angel or what? If this had happened to me, I would have told the body of elders look I haven't been to meetings in over two years so why do you have to bother with me now, just please walk away as I have nothing to say. If they had called again I would have asked them to leave and if they didn't I would call the police for tresspassing and I sure as hell wouldn't have gone to any Judical committee meetings, I would not have gone. Whats the worse they could do to you?

Disfellowship you? Probably but you wouldn't have had to go through all the crap they put you through if you didn't go to that JC meeting. I didn't attend any JC hearings I wasn't about to discuss my personal mistake between three men. My sin I addressed with God and God alone and I will take my chances with His justice.

I have been to other peoples hearings and I have seen how they have been treated. I was treated roughly treated when I was privately reproved and they turned around and decided to make it public reproof. That infuriated me so much and I know my elder father had something to do with it;

That is all it took and my downward spiral commenced and kept spiraling until I left the organization and my husband of 28 years, in Dec/ 99. I have never regretted my choices and at the same time I have never looked back, only forward and God has blessed me hundred fold. I am now a Christian and I try every day to walk as he walked, of course I fail miserably but I try really hard to do my best. I have a wonderful church family and a great house to worship our Lord.

I do hope your friend will be okay and will get over the disfellowshipping. Oh I hate that word. It isn't even in the Bible. A few words of comfort.

Lord give strength to those who love you with a good heart that the power of the holy spirit helps us to endure each and everyday, Also Father to those who are our friends here in JWN and other such boards with friends in need of help and support let us please be used by you to save as many as we can from evil cults.

To those who are lonely or depressed strengthen them and may you bless all of us as we work to make this world a better and safer place today tomorrow and forever.Protect us all and watch over us to the honour and glory of thy Holy Name

Amen.

Shalom

orangefatcat

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Amen.

Shalom

orangefatcat

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

"The song that were eliminated were judged to be inferior pieces of music."

If this were the case then there would only be two songs left in the songbook. 191 & 210

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit