A good friend of mine was df'd this week.

by wha happened? 75 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• White Dove
    White Dove

That's criminal.

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

Apparently the CO came in and pressured the BOE.

I am lost. What is a BOE? Believe me, I am jealous of him. However, I am scared $hitless of C.O. s. Not sure why. I wonder if they push that when they come...I mean making the fence warmers make a choice.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

BOE = body of elders

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

No he's not at all "in mentally". He and his wife were inactive for some time and had no interest to come back in. Apparently the CO came in and pressured the BOE.

I made that point to my wife, that depending on the elders and the CO, it can happen to anyone.

What were the circumstances of his DFing? If he was inactive, why did the BOE bring out the pitchforks?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

that depending on the elders and the CO, it can happen to anyone.

Yep. The local elders can make a fade almost impossible, in some cases.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Since he was an elder who had served for years, and did alot of work at bethel, he was likely someone who knew too much truth and the troof. Most avg publisers can fade out as I have, with little attention. But he was too well known and important to leave alone.

• flipper
    flipper

WHA HAPPENED- I'm very sorry for your friend going through that. I'll buy him a beer as well, hell 2 of them ! It is very true what you say- if a person was prominent , even though they might fade and be inactive , the elders will come after them to make an example for the other rank and file members. Hell- A couple years ago the elders chased after me over 80 miles away where I had moved- and I wasn't even an elder, but I came from a prominent JW family and had a witness ex-wife who had a hard on to get me DFed and maligned to my witness family. So- It doesn't take much to get the elders to chase a person ! I fought them and won an appeal - since then they haven't bothered me, but they sure can raise hell. I think all the elders are little Satans running around.Stay close to your friend dude

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea I was just on the phone with someone who is still "in", and oh gosh what it a pathetic discussion. Her answer was always, yea yea but sorry, no one gets df'd unless they did something. baarrrrrrrrrrf

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hey wha,

Just sent a PM. Thanks for the info. Maybe I should send them a "congratulations on your freedom" card or something, eh?

B the X

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

Do you think your friend is okay with it all, wha happened? I have not been formally exiled anymore than just public reproof, but I was wondering if there is a mourning period for being Df'd, or if it feels more like having wings. Best of luck to your friend, and thank you to whoever cleared up what BOE is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit