As a JW Did other Witnesses Annoy you by Condemning " Worldly Music" ?

by flipper 66 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

STILLIN- It is incredible how nosy elders will get if you let them into your homes. Just start snooping around looking at pictures on the walls, etc. trying to find something that could be demonized ! I've been out for 6 years so I forgot how nosy they can be. Just tell them that some of your stuff is private thank you very much ! Christ- Do they want to snoop in your underwear drawer as well ? Lordy moses.

DINAH- I'm glad you had your dad there as well, he seemed like a cool guy. It is bizarre how our parents felt this music would make people fornicate and get it on all the time ! Maybe THEY were secretly getting off behind closed doors listening to our music themselves ? ! LOL! I remember the assemblies bringing out a lot of dissing about music in 1982 as well ! It was like a freaking witch hunt ! " Sympathy for the Devil " is a great song ! What could they possibly find wrong with that !? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• dinah
    dinah

I remember that talk, Flipper, and the WT article we had to study a few weeks later. Between Dad and I we had every band/song they forbade.

They shoulda been preaching against Marvin Gaye is they were simply afraid we'd fornicate.

They usually picked on rock when I was a kid, but I hear they've moved on to pick on everything equally now. Anything with a rebellious overtone seems to be what they go after. Or maybe the GB heard a driving beat and a hot guitar riff and something started throbbing so they had to warn the masses.

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

My favorite complaint was about Roy Orbison's "Pretty Woman", because he says he wants to take her home. One sister squaked so much about that song being offensive to her, that no one could play it...ever.

Here's a question or two:

1. Did he say he wanted to do something sexual at home, or was he taking her HOME to meet his parents?

2. Didn't Joseph take Mary home? That was perfectly acceptable.

I cannot get into the minds of obsessive Borgites anymore, and never really could.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I once got the bullshit from a JW that KISS meant Knight In Satan's Service

• flipper
    flipper

DINAH- I had every album from bands they forbade also ! I just didn't worry about their opinions- I was too independent ! Marvin Gaye with his " Sexual Healing " song yeah- they should have been looking out for that one for sure ! But for sure anything that sounds the slightest bit rebellious the GB will put down or warn people about. Basically the GB just wants to control everything witnesses do essentially, listening to music, their sex lives, their marriages, their bank accounts - the list goes on and on. Ultimate control

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

AC/DC was allegedely Anti Christ Devils Children

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

WASP -- We Are Sexual Perverts

• flipper
    flipper

VIKESGIRL101- A sister complained about Roy Orbison's " Pretty Woman " ? Brother. That was a great romantic song. Typical of a JW old bag to impute wrong motives to Roy taking the woman home in the song ! Witnesses are always imputing wrong motives for verything ! It's crazy.

STILLAJWEXELDER- I had heard that rumor too that KISS meant Knights in Satans Service. Strange. Didn't know AC/DC meant Anti Christ Devils Children. I still think they made great music! WASP- We are sexual perverts ! Hilarious

• darthfader
    darthfader

I have been a Rush (the band not the Republican Pundit) fan for years before I went back to meetings in my early 20's. I had several old concert T-shirts from when I went to see them. One day we were asked to help renovate the KH. I wore my junk clothes (which consisted of one of these concert T-shirts) -- I was there for about 1/2 hour and got called to the side by one of the Elders. He asked me if I really knew what that RUSH stood for. Here it comes.... "Rules Under Satans Hand" and that all the rock music is controled by Satan - who wants us to fornicate to the seductive rhythms. Apparently he never listened to Rush -- I dont think there is any way for someone to fornicate to 7/8 time signitures (lol). Any I left and didnt go back to help them...

Darth Fader

• Twitch
    Twitch

I dont think there is any way for someone to fornicate to 7/8 time signitures (lol).

lmao.

So many women like Rush too,....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit