eugenics anyone?

by ninja 76 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Hitler loved reading from Margaret Sanger as well as many books authored by Americans. Have you ever wondered what books he has read that shaped his life? A life that shaped him into a German dictator and a monster of the holocaust?
    Most of the eugenic books Hitler read by most majority were from American authors. While some where from Germany and other countries.

That's terrible and all, but how does that affect the topic we're discussing?

Have you read the Chief of Staff's brother's book that you're worried about? (I now see it's his brother, not him.)

4 pages and no one has posted any direct quotes from this man where is advocating eugenics, only a vague statement that he wrote a book 30 years ago that discussed the pros and cons of population control techniques. A lot of college textboks discuss pros and cons of ethical and unethical social strategies! That's the purpose of the textbooks!

If anyone can actually read this book and provide a quote where he is actually advocating killing or sterilizing people, and he's advocating for that today, then I'll be concerned.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Didn't you read this on my earlier post right under where this deaf man with a CI implant on YT mentioning his concern about his disability regarding this so called reformed healthcare?

Ezekiel Emanuel, Rahm Emmanuel’s brother, who is involved in the wording of the House Bill said, “Medical care should be reserved for the non-disabled, not given to those “who are irreversibly prevented from being or becoming participating citizens…” “.

That came from a news article, they're acknowledging the existance of the passage of the bill....

Yiz

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

In other words, it'd be a waste of time to care for the disabled. Why care for imperfect people? Basically what he means is that this would save taxpayer's dollars by not wasting the money on "useless people"

Let me ask you this, why are you having doubts?

Yiz

• Caedes
    Caedes
    A university education? Is that all it takes to impress you

Password protected,

Your jealousy is showing!

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Yizuman

Yeah.... failing to taking care of the chronically sick, or debating just how much money a state can afford to spend on them versus those who potentially can be brought back to much better health is a form of Social Darwinism.

Eugenics more specifically though is about protecting the collective gene pool from a build-up of deleterious genes. If one just aims for that, then pursuing it is rational, since physically anyways, its for the greater good of the species.

rebel8 though makes very good points. We shouldn't take things out of context. This issue needs to be debated, necessarily talking about all the different methods, so that we can do our best to use ethical means to attain fair and just ends.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yizuman…

Legalizing assisted suicide, when someone wants help dying, is an entirely separate issue from eugenics….and health care reform.

I’ve read all your links. As far as I can tell, someone slewed some extreme accusations at a DHHS meeting that are not, as of yet, substantiated.

You mentioned a bill has been passed that makes eugenics a reality. What bill? I cannot find any evidence of it, searching Kaiser, US sites, etc.

All I’m saying here is…these are extremely serious allegations you’re leveling, and I’d like to hear your evidence for them. You posted a news story but no link, and given the seriousness of these accusations, the media wouldn't be the most reliable source anyway. How about the law that was passed and so on?

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

This thread was a sorry attempt to be clever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit