Have any of you had the experience of listening to a Witness' sad story, and not being able to tell them, ITS BECAUSE YOU ARE IN A CULT!?

by BonaFide 35 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Tonight I went out with some Witnesses for coffee. One is an elder, and the others are pioneers, etc. Two of them had a sad story of how other elders had treated them lately, and one talked about how the elders in her Hall won't give her any assignments. The elder talked about how hard it is to find work "in the Last Days of this System" since he has been pioneering since a teenager. He didn't go to college and has a hard time making a living.

It was just so sad listening to them talk, their lives are conflicted, two of them are still single "for the Kingdom" and lonely. The others have various greivances.

And it's all related to them being a Witness. Lack of education, lack of coping skills, having elders who think they have holy spirit directing them telling you what to do, personal judgment of other Witnesses, a trapped feeling of having to conform, guilt over what they say and do, my my my.

It's just sad. I wish I could tell them, "MOST OF YOUR PROBLEMS ARE BECAUSE YOU ARE IN A CULT!!!"

BF

• reniaa
    reniaa

Hi Bonafide

You will not be able to serve two masters forever, you own hatred will spill from you eventually. Every thread from you gets more and more telling.

Reniaa

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

You could probably tell them, but they probably wouldnt talk to you any more after that.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    You will not be able to serve two masters forever

Oh the irony, lololol.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

"If your father had been a Mormon you would have an education, a good job, an extra wife to look after all your kids and be celebrating your birthday while calling us JWs 'led astray by the Devil'."

Heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh, heh

Well, that's sort of thing I would like to say, but I just roll my eyes, shake my head and keep my mouth shut.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I see Ren is here polishing the cup she is not even allowed to drink from.

• truman
    truman

I have a child who remains a JW after I have left the org. This child and spouse, who should be in the prime of life, both suffer from persistent depression, insomnia, and other chronic but generally undiagnosable ailments. I cannot tell them they belong to a cult and that many of their problems likely stem from the inherent cognitive dissonance. If I do, I risk my currently friendly relationship with them. Sad, but I have hope that, eventually, they will see the truth about their situation. I will be there to support them when they do, to help them through the difficult transition from a high mind control group to reality and to introduce them to the joy of living their own lives.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Two of them had a sad story of how other elders had treated them lately, and one talked about how the elders in her Hall won't give her any assignments.

bonafide, yes it is very sad when elders turn against pioneers and refuse them privileges when they want them to conform. I too have seen this happen. The WTS in its black or white mentality doesn't allow space for loving dialogue to flourish so that the situation can be resolved.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa said:

Hi Bonafide

You will not be able to serve two masters forever, you own hatred will spill from you eventually. Every thread from you gets more and more telling.

Reniaa

My reply:

The same can be said of you reniaa. You have changed your story of your cong status...but either way the fact you are here posting shows you are obviously not a JW...you have lied and said you have a handicapped child...you have lost all credibility and each thread of yours is more and more telling of your deep emotional problems that you need to address big time.

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

Please do not let Reniaa high jack this thread like she is trying to YET again. I am so sick of her doing that and like Bonafide said one of his other posts she only want attention and do not give it to her.

Yes I have seen so many witnesses have horrible lives all because of the brog telling them the end of this system is right around the conner they gave up everything to pioneer all of their youth and they have nothing set aside for the future. Many of us are pushing into our 50's and we are now looking at all the years we pioneered and gave up our youths for what? To be turned away because of disagreeing with pedophiles having full run of the halls without any parents being told or finally understanding 607 or any of the other numerous things that finally just do not make sense to thinking people we are suddenly outside looking in. I know for me it is the pedophiles. I watched Dateline in 2002 and it did not faze me because I had not seen it for myself but once I saw it myself and watched a level 3 sex offender holding children and was told it was OK because he did not do it he just only took the rap for someone else and besides the sex offender was lowered to a level 2 so somehow that made it OK. I finally woke up to how sick this all is. Now I am on the outside looking in. Sad but true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit