Very Moving memorial to Michael. First class all the way

by StoneWall 68 Replies latest jw friends

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

eyeslice at least you seen it.

But in all fairness we all knew it had to have just a bit of a show feel to it being covered by every major news outlet

out there in the world. Plus being in the type of business he was in I felt like it would have to have a certain amount

of show to it for proper homage.

But in my mind I was thinking they would go way over board on all the glitz and glamor.

That is why I was surprised to see it was toned down compared to what could have been.

All the problems people said would happen didn't even materialize such as traffic jams on the freeway and huge

crowds outside.

I'll have to say two of the most touching moments in the memorial was when Brooke Shields came up to say a few words

and then started crying and when Jermaine Jackson performed the song "Smile".

I'm not a softy but having gone through some deaths in our extended family recently, I'll have to say both me and my

20 year old son had tears in our eyes at those two parts.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

same here StoneWall.

on Brooks and Jermaine,

I was touched, and I always am, when cars stop, when a funeral procession passes to show respect.

We don't always know who the person is,

but we know someone is gone and there are those that loved and will miss them.

I thought the Memorial was beautiful and respectful, egos properly placed or left at the door.

With all their troubles the Jacksons are a family, united on this day,

many of us don't even have that.

purps

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I thought it was good. My heart went out to Paris at the end.

• VIII
    VIII

So, are we (dubs, EXs) all going to unite this way when Ted J. kicks the bucket?

"We are the world, we are the people...."

Come on, sing with me!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Beautiful to hear Stevie Wonder and Mariah Carey too - they still got it.

Despite Al Sharpton's claim that Michael Jackson broke down the barrier between black and white, I was struck by what a black event it was. Ninety percent of the people on stage were black. I mean I know they are African Americans, but where are the white stars to pay their tribute?

And it's a wonder they managed to keep Firpo Carr off the stage. Is he locked in a room somewhere?

• happehanna
    happehanna

RIP MJ

• Dagney
    Dagney

And it's a wonder they managed to keep Firpo Carr off the stage. Is he locked in a room somewhere?

I know!!!! LOL I wonder if he was invited...probably. Ann said somewhere on the DB they say he was reinstated. It seemed he was campaigning in the media to the family to be a part of the service, spiritual advisor and all...

• free2think
    free2think

I thought was very dignified and so moving, i was crying for most of it. He was a true star and a fantastic performer.

RIP MJJ.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

IMO Marlon gave the best speech.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Smile even though your heart is aching,

Smile even though your heart is breaking

Very moving,loving tribute performed by Jermaine Jackson for his brother Michael.

I think we all wish we had such a close knit family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S-TN68P2Lg

It was said to be Michael's favorite song of all time.

Edited to add if you double click on the video it will take you to the site that host the video. Many thoughtful comments

already listed there from around the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit