Very Moving memorial to Michael. First class all the way

by StoneWall 68 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2514588/Watch-royal-military-band-play-Thriller-to-stunned-tourists-video-exclusive.html

MICHAEL Jackson's mega hit Thriller has been given this hilarious revamp by the army's world-famous Band of the Coldstream Guards - just a stones throw from Buckingham Palace.

Hordes of tourists were left open-mouthed as they were treated to the spectacular show on Wednesday by the top military band.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Watson thanks for quoting the other poster and illustrating another good example MJ set for people.

His choice of language. To my knowledge I never heard MJ use foul or vulgar language.

Did anyone else ever hear a report or got a video of him saying such immature stuff as F*** this or that?

I hadn't even thought of that today till the earlier poster showed his/her language skills go up to four letter words.

• watson
    watson

Yes, he had coaching, like most great talents.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Granted, you really liked the guy FHN, but must you pull stuff out of thin air?

Sorry, but as a dancer my whole childhood and teens and teaching two classes of younger students, I respectfully disagree with you that this out of thin air. I watched a documentary about Michael years ago which included different choreographers marveling at his ability to dance and choreograph without formal training. They said he was a natural. Watch him. He was just that and in a way that anyone would be hard put to match. The fluid way he moved is like no other.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Betterdaze, this is from your link:

Daniel says he was struck by Jackson's athleticism and entertaining ability when he was a child and a teenager.

"And then to see him take what we were doing and then take it into his arena — take it into the next stratosphere — it was like, 'Wow,'" Daniel says.

He called Jackson's way of hopping on his tiptoes and seemingly hanging in space "mind blowing."

"He pulls different things from different people, from Sammy Davis, Jr., a bit of Elvis, a bit of James Brown, some Bob Fosse, Fred Astaire, what's happening on the streets," Daniel says. "So he's a combination of all of those things and he mixes them all up."

Daniel says he and his fellow choreographer were influenced by The West Side Story when they were choreographing Bad in a subway station. But Daniel says he was trying to keep the dance "current and contemporary," like getting the whole group to do the Michael Jackson scoot across the floor.

"It's like a train coming across the screen ... and that's the effect I was looking for and it worked," he says.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Just watched the video. WOW

Michael's albums have always been an important part of my collection. They always will.

The final musical tribute of 'We are the world' was beautiful. His family's personal words were touching. I cried though much of it.

May his tortured soul rest in peace now.

Jeff

• beksbks
    beksbks

Stonewall, did you actually read my post? As I said, twelve days ago I felt all that you mention for a fellow human being and great talent. The constant news cycle, and spectacle of the day is what I was referring to, not your post. He was just a man, and a man whose gift to the world was entertainment.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I want to clarify that when I say untrained, I mean that Michael did not train in dance classes, as most entertainers and professional dancers do. As I did as a youth. He was not a formally trained dancer.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I watched it - I've always been a fan of his music and believe there will never be another like him.

I'm a little cynical too - I always feel that actors / singers can "put on" their emotions - I was moved to tears at the end when everyone sang Heal the World - simply because it's such a simple thing to be kind to one another and yet, us humans have a way of being so horrendous over the tiniest shit.

• LouBelle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit