Very Moving memorial to Michael. First class all the way

by StoneWall 68 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm not saying you shouldn't be tired of all the coverage. I just mean calling it idolatry and hero worship sounds like the restrictions of the governing body might still be messing with people's heads. Like when you weren't supposed to buy your kid a Doors Crystal Ships t shirt. I bought my son one anyway. But I got lectured about idol worship and hero worship. I think maybe it would sound less fundy christiany/witnessey to call it excessive or even obsessive news coverage.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Sorry hon, I calls em as I sees em

The songs I was singing a week ago are gagging me now.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Still sounds witnessey. But, Beks, I know you're cool. One of the coolest chicks on the board. Hey, did you hear, the coroner kept Mike's brain?

• shamus100
    shamus100

I was sick of it before ten minutes after he passed away.

This will go on for years.

Just wait - the conspiracy theories will begin. So says the sovergn lord Shamoose.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I just mean calling it idolatry and hero worship sounds like the restrictions of the governing body might still be messing with people's heads.

What the H do you think idolatry IS? Go back and read your own words. You don't get it. S'okay. It's all cool. Rock out.

(No wonder this country is so effed up.)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

What the H do you think idolatry IS? Go back and read your own words. You don't get it. S'okay. It's all cool. Rock out.

(No wonder this country is so effed up.)

Sorry, Bizzy, but I just don't have the fundamentalist thinking approach to appreciation of rare, God given talent. I think this country is effed up because people do not appreciate other people enough. Appreciation for people involves love. We can always use more love in America. America has gotten very selfish. Appreciating a talent like Michael's is a positive thing. His music and dancing have made millions, probably billions happy and will continue to bring joy, even after his death. Happiness and joy: good. Allowing yourself to get irritated over the appreciation of rare, amazing talent: not so good, nor healthy.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Anyone seen Michaels Ghost yet?

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hehe ohhhhh mercy

• shamus100
    shamus100

Anyone seen Michaels Ghost yet?

Okay,

I'm cutting off my cable this instant. I'M DONE.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Michael Jackson?s ghost appears on Larry King Live

July 9, 6:50 PM

ShareThis

</form>

A shadowy figure, speculated to be the ghost of Michael Jackson, appeared in the background of a shot during Larry King Live on CNN late Tuesday. The TV show was actually filmed inside Jackson’s private quarters at Neverland Ranch. Much controversy has arisen from this “spectral” image clearly visible in the footage.

Believers of the Jackson ghost phenomena allege that the figure resembles Jackson. The claim is that the figure is extremely thin and appears to be wearing a hat similar to those worn by Jackson in the latter portion of his career. On the other hand, skeptics believe the figure to be a shadow that a live person had cast in walking by an outside window. As I viewed the video on YouTube, I looked for key signs that would be obvious of a cast shadow originating from outside the house and, just to cover all bases, inside the room as well. It is clearly visible that the shadow is reflected in the room’s glossy wooden floors. The shadow moves in front of the fireplace from left to right and is not noticed or mentioned in the broadcast as the participants are facing the opposite direction. The fundamental problem with the theory that the shadow is cast through a window from outside of the room, or even from the inside, is that no shadow on the floor comes across from its alleged point of origin, either outside through the window or even from someone who may have been inside the room but out of view of the camera. The point of origin, or at least the beginnings of its casting, would be visible either across the floor, wall or ceiling. In other words, anytime one casts a shadow, no gap between the person and the point of origin, is possible. One cannot cast a shadow wherein a vacant area exists between that person and the beginnings of their shadow. The argument believers make is that the figure does indeed resemble Michael Jackson in profile. The figure is thin and seems to be wearing a hat like many worn by Jackson. The shadowy image also seems to represent the correct proportions of a human being, and more significantly, those of Jackson. When a living person casts a shadow, that shadow is usually distorted and out of proportion with the person’s actual size and dimensions. Conversely, skeptics argue that this is a shadow and is not a ghostly form. From the standpoint of a skeptic or layperson, unacquainted with different ghostly forms, this seems a reasonable objection. However, most skeptics are not aware that “shadow” ghosts are actually a frequently recorded spectral form. Shadow people, as the paranormal field has coined them, are actually more common than the “misty” or fog-like apparitions often portrayed in Hollywood movies. And incidentally, shadow ghosts are reported to wear hats time and again. Weighing all of these factors, I am still on the fence. The video itself is grainy, and theoretically could have been altered in some way, even though it does come from a reliable source, CNN. Then again, I have encountered many “shadow people” in my life as a medium, and the image on the video is quite similar to those I have witnessed. So the question remains. Did Michael Jackson make one final public, television appearance? You be the judge: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Am67-Sew7k .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit