I thank my God Jehovah for keeping me healthy - Serena Williams

by Earnest 36 Replies latest jw friends

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

You know also by now when people praise god they are under emotional guilt for something they did,

maybe this was the case for her winning the Championship away from her sister.

God is useful for many reason as its known.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

She is a very talented and humble lady and so is her sister. Its unfortunate that she has to throw her hat in the ring with the JWs but like Prince and like Michael...as celebrities they can be pointed to with some smugness by the JWs as sistahs and bruthas.

When they have to do NATIONALISTIC things like run around with the flag, that is what is EXPECTED of them in the public arena and Im sure the whole time they are doing it they are saying "Jehovah I dont really mean this, please forgive me to having to do this!"

:)

• mouthy
    mouthy

I wrote to Brooklyn when it was shown on TV her running around holding up the Flag

Asking" how come"Since I was told when I was a faithful JW it was a "NO NO"

My answer was."please get in touch with your local congregation,each hall has

differant rules" What a lie.....!!! But then they can lie to those that dont deserve the truth....Right ??
    Your still with them ERNEST???????!!!!!! For Your sake get out!!!!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Is she going to thank Jehovah for the Rose that hid the Crack in her Ass,when she posed Naked?..

....................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Earnest
    Earnest

Mouthy, I am inclined to concur with WuzLovesDubs who said

When they have to do NATIONALISTIC things like run around with the flag, that is what is EXPECTED of them in the public arena and Im sure the whole time they are doing it they are saying "Jehovah I dont really mean this, please forgive me to having to do this!"

but of course I have no way of knowing and am not in the least interested. But in my own experience if something is not written explicitly in the Bible or Watchtower literature then each hall does have different rules regarding personal behaviour. Quite often Bible principles are applied differently at different halls, even within the same city. While I have no reason to defend the Watchtower or Serena Williams, in this case I think they were telling the truth.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

There are rules for every day JWS and there are rules for rich popular celebrities.

So lets say a rich celebrity puts in a huge amount of money into their hall and it gets noted to all of

the elders who did it, you can confidently assume that person is is going to be looked upon

differently than the rest of the congregation members. There is a word for it its called favoritism.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Yes but is she really doing what the FDS says Jehovah wants her to do?????

• Earnest
    Earnest
    Yes but is she really doing what the FDS says Jehovah wants her to do?????

The Williams sisters also won the Wimbledon Women's Doubles 2009.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Oh for heaven's sakes.....she's healthy because she is excersising 8 or more hours a day, she is young, and doesn't sit around on her ass like the rest of us do posting on JWD>

r.

• booby
    booby

There is no individual hall or congregation that has "their own individual rules" on anything. If a hall or congregation is condoning in their hall of matters such as exracaricular sports, flag adoration or any other clearly defined matter from the Papal office brooklyn their would be hell oops to pay eventually.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit