Bethel tells us not to build a new Hall since no more Bookstudy! Takes our $147,000!!!

by Witness 007 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• chickpea
    chickpea

bluddy hell!!

there is no END to their machinations
    and scheming "worldly" ways!!

so glad to have shaken that
    dust off my feet!!

• The Berean
    The Berean

Me Thinks ...

That any time the church dictates exactly how much money should be contributed by its members it amounts to a TITHE. Whether 10% or not the concept is the same ... my Brother-in-law's church asks 15% for its cut.

• metatron
    metatron

This is interesting news. It suggests at least a cover story for why they dumped the bookstudy. More than all that, it suggests either deep desperation in cash flow or breathtakingly bad management.

Consider that they are denying loans to congregations with great needs. They also seem to be dealing harshly with foreign language congregations. What are they teaching publishers? That elders can cavalierly do whatever they wish with contributions? Given that publishers are already closing their wallets, what will the future bring?

metatron

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

Finally Free, I remember that project. In our Italian cong they actually announced that if each publisher contributed $300 they should have enough to complete the project. My brother and I were unbaptized publishers at the time so my mom gave $900. My dad, who was extremely opposed to JWs, would've killed her if he found out she gave 1 cent to the society. When the project didn't go through she was fuming, but guess what, it didn't stop her from forking over more money on the next projects. But I sure am glad they don't use a collection plate, that's the sign of a true religion........what a joke.

• imperialspy
    imperialspy

it's unbelievable how i too have had my eyes opened here!! the expression ravenous wolves comes to mind. may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the GB's armpits!!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    But I sure am glad they don't use a collection plate, that's the sign of a true religion........what a joke.

Yeah, a collection plate isn't big enough to hold the kind of money they're looking for.

W

• Farkel
    Farkel

So now things have degraded from the WTS saying "your life is OURS" to "your money is ALSO OURS."

Of course, this is not much different from the stories of senile older JWs being coerced into donating their homes and all their cash to the Society. When their children find out and petition the Society to return the assets by informing them their older parent was not mentally sound enough to make that decision, the Society reponded with this Bible-Based counsel: "Fuck you."

Farkel

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

I don't think nixing the BS had to do with producing more KH availability; maybe that was one of the convenient excuses.

But think about it: 90% of BS were held at private homes. Many KH were being used 3 to 4 nights a week for TMS & SM, and still are being used in that same manner.

I think BS was nixed due to: (1) Decreasing attendance; (2) Liability; (3) In many countries there's just not enough men to take charge of BS groups.

The real 'bottleneck' for KH usage is on weekends, when all congs want Sunday 10 am and Saturday 6 pm, and some schedules are so bad that they even have to rotate on a yearly basis.

The No-Construction arrangement they just disclosed has to do with: (1) HUGE decrease in contributions; (2) looming property tax liabilities; (3) shrinking congs. (In our area no less than 7 cases of 'mergers' in three years due to low attendance).

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

IMHO, the reason for dumping the bookstudy:

1. Frees more nights at locah KH, reducing need for building

2. Reign in crazy comments

• ninja
    ninja

hey slimbo....the last time you opened your wallet .......the picture of the queen on your money had to rub her eyes .....adjusting to the light

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit