Bethel tells us not to build a new Hall since no more Bookstudy! Takes our $147,000!!!

by Witness 007 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yes we saved and loaned and skrimped to build our own Hall as we share with 6 other Congs amd our area keeps growing bigger. We even picked out the land....nice, perfect for a Hall. We had 147,000 so....then the advice comes from "above" that Bethel advised us not to build since the Bookstudy is cancelled our Hall can take one more Cong???? And to donate the funds to the "World wide Kingdom hall building fund."

Elders told me "it's Jehovah's direction"......"Jehovah does things in due time"....."It's not the right time for us to have our own Hall..."..can anyone spell BRAINWASHED!

Nice for Bethel to take our funds..they must be strapped for cash, due to the economic recession.

• designs
    designs

You won't get your money back, I've tried. Most Churches don't give the money back, its a one way street, except where a Church has a charitable wing and gives aid and assistence to people.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• yesidid
    yesidid
    Yes we saved and loaned and skrimped to build our own Hall as we share with 6 other Congs amd our area keeps growing bigger. We even picked out the land....nice, perfect for a Hall. We had 147,000 so....then the advice comes from "above" that Bethel advised us not to build since the Bookstudy is cancelled our Hall can take one more Cong???? And to donate the funds to the "World wide Kingdom hall building fund."

When did that happen 007?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ouch! And, no elders felt any pain? The cong got scammed. Wonder if you could wake them up to the pain of being the victims of a ripoff.

S

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

About Two years ago we picked the land out, it was near town. I just asked the Elders yesterday how things are progressing since I'm not regular and thought building should have commenced already....I was a bit shocked by this reversal! But it's "Jehovahs direction"...so that's okay we can continue to cram into our old hall.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

What pisses me off is in say 4 years when we are bursting at the seams we will start saving again!!!!! I'm not donating Jack squat!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

The whole country gained 3 publishers in 2008.

The termites will eat your hall before you need a bigger one.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

No growth of publishers exactly, I live in a huge growth area, just new housing developements here have seen many thousands move here in afew years including many Witness families. All services are streched to the limit and need expansion.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    What pisses me off is in say 4 years when we are bursting at the seams we will start saving again!!!!! I'm not donating Jack squat!

It never occurred to me that you would to be honest Witness 007, do you mean to say you have been contemplating giving them your money until now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit