Bethel tells us not to build a new Hall since no more Bookstudy! Takes our $147,000!!!

by Witness 007 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ will lend your donated money to Jehovah`s Witness,some place else to build a Kingdom Hall..

AND..

Charge them 3% interest on your donated money..

You`ve just been Screwed..WBT$ Style!!

......................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Hiding Questioner
    Hiding Questioner

During these stressed out economic times there must be families in this Hall who are either suffering now or soon will be. Why could'nt the local Hall have set up an interest earning Trust Fund? Thereafter, they could of used a Board that would vote on loans or grants to local JW families in need - perhaps to the very same families who donated much of this money in the first place!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Trimming 15 minutes off the Pubic Talk also would squeeze in more time for another congregation.

The original "reason" for shortening the talk to provide more time for FS ? Obviously, that was pure, steaming, stinking, BS.

• screwproof
    screwproof

The kindgom hall I attended sold the hall and was to start work on a new one within the year, this was right as Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans. They were then told the hall would have to be put on hold, it is still not built or even being considered. Yet I see people telling how new ones are being build all the time, I wonder what gives?

• bereanbiblestudent
    bereanbiblestudent

There still is need for a resolution, but only a few think of consequence of that which is voted for. And if you vote against people start talking about you. Then when a resolution is accepted, people find out that it costs them money and are murmuring about it. If they would think before they voted and had the guts to vote against it, then you would need a large part of the congregation to do that, otherwise it is still accepted and they start talking to you to change your vote, as if that is needed when they still do it. It is time that they did resolutions anonymous. But then they cannot talk to you about how wrong you are. That does not always happen but I have seen it done many times.

If you are against it then you are assumed to still bring in money

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

When we were planning on moving from Illinois to Florida, my JW husband "felt guilty" that he was leaving and gave the JWs $1000!! He hid it from me using a business account that only HE was a signer on. I found the cancelled check years later when trying to find out why we missed a payment to the IRS in our self employment taxes. We didnt have a pot to piss in when we moved down here and of course he never told nor asked ME if he could do this.

I am inclined to change my beneficiaries on all my life insurance policies to my kids so he doesnt give what little I have to the damn JWS!!!

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Finally Free,

Was the project you're talking about the A.H. at Norval? When I was part of some Italian congregations, thats where we went. They have nice lamp posts outside as well for that $ 3M.

I can tell you quite a few Italian jws were ticked that instead of making any changes there, many of their congregations shortly thereafter got dissolved. They were spread out to different English congregations of which many of them have to travel to the much further location in London Ontario. Horrible driving in winter time.

• yknot
    yknot

Actually the WTS discontinued he 3% deal last year

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/160688/1/WTS-Will-Stop-Charging-Interest-on-Loans's

This is why there has been speculation of a building/renovation freeze.....

We just got the papers on our KH, but no immediate building or renovations have been scheduled and we too near legal capacity (not from territory conversion but rather other JWs moving to the area).

We do have a KH nearby (75mi away) that was approved for a renovation before the Sept 2008 cut-off but there have been delays to due to strict stipulations on allowing only Brothers who are licensed and bondable.... they are still interviewing Brothers! Allegedly from those Brothers who have been approved for the privilege of providing services, word is that it will be done in quickbuild fashion but more 'closed' with no 'fan-fare'. Just get in do your job and step aside for the next Brother to do his......(local Sisters will provide a lunch and supper but will not linger prior or after craft services).

I think they are trying to figure out a way to get that 3% back and without creating a taxation liability.

LOL it seems much of the WTS's cash traps are drying up.....and all just so they can avoid taxes! (Can you hear Joel Olsteen giggling as he deposits his book royalties!)

007.... why the WWW versus the "Kingdom Hall Building Fund".....!!!!!! Sad and shady when Mama robs the local JWs piggy bank and without even an KHF IOU!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Man oh man this is maddening.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Was the project you're talking about the A.H. at Norval? When I was part of some Italian congregations, thats where we went. They have nice lamp posts outside as well for that $ 3M.

Yes, that's the A.H. I was talking about. I forgot about the lamp posts. Someone told me they were brought over from England, and very expensive. It gave me a whole new perspective on "new light". I remember some Portuguese congregations were disolved as well. I knew a few families that were very pissed and moved back to Portugal because of it.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit