...New Study on Vegetarian`s...Not as Healthy as Some may Think...

by OUTLAW 82 Replies latest jw friends

• shamus100
    shamus100

Of course, it's not just this study. There seems to be a push to market omega-3 fatty acids and the fish that contain them. Why is that? Eating a lot of oily fish won't overcome the effects of bad lifestyle choices, just like popping vitamin pills won't make someone who eats a lot of junk food healthy.

What works for one person doesn't work for everyone. There are very healthy vegetarians out there (although I have never met a healthy vegan yet..) and they have the right "makeup", if that's the right word.

The real lesson is anything that's too extreme will hurt you in the long run. Too many carrots, too much coke, too much meat, too much protein, too little protein... moderation is the key!

You are completely right, PMD. Vitamins will not make you healthy if you eat crap! Have an apple instead of a bag of chips - what do you need vitamins for unless a medical doctor recommends them?

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

A study of Seventh-day Adventist adults who follow a Vegetarian no alcohol and smoking diet, found they were 50% less likely to suffer from Cancer and lived longer then the average lifespan.

So......go ahead folks, enjoy that steak carcass thats rotting in your long Mammal intestines!

• shamus100
    shamus100

Witness,

They gave Mormons cigarettes to smoke?

Also, seventh-day adventists are not vegetarians at all.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Have an apple instead of a bag of chips -

Shamus, you're killing me! I don't like apples. I'll take a banana instead.

I'm currently on 7 different medications as well as several vitamin supplements the doctor recommended. My doctor and dietician both stressed the importance of exercise over everything else. As for food, the recommendation, to put it very simply, was to have 1/4 of my plate lean meat, 1/4 complex carb, and 1/2 vegetables. Beef less than once a week, fish 3 times a week. Meat servings not to exeed 4 oz. No refined carbs at all - only whole grain bread or pasta. No fruit juices, only fresh fruit. I weigh and measure all my portions.

I'm pretty good with the diet, but exercise is tough. I've had too many injuries over the years, and haven't had a day without pain for 26 years. Some days just walking from one room to the next is tough.

W

• homeschool
    homeschool

Do you realize that the milk companies are actually the ones who started the whole "milk is great for your bones" bs??...and that osteoporosis runs rampant among milk drinkers? I'm strong like ox and I don't need meat to accomplish that

I've got enough guilt (although most of it was imposed by the borg), and thinking about the "process" of getting bacon to my plate makes it not worth it for me to eat the bacon (or chicken or fish). And I am a former bacon-holic.

I think the whole point isnt vegetarian or non-veg....people need to quit eating so much processed crap and they will be healthier with stronger bones.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

That's why god created calcium supps. I take about 5 a day.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"I am a former bacon-holic."

What is it about frigg`n Bacon!..LOL!!......Every once in a while I just have to have a few slices of bacon..

......................OUTLAW

• Gregor
    Gregor

B a c o n...Goood!

• homeschool
    homeschool

Bacon-good....not gonna lie. the flavor of bacon has surely rocked my world in the past, and wrapped around a filet mignon made it even more titillating. The thought of having a pig in the line up to get slaughtered and having it know that it is about to be sliced up because of the murderous screams coming from just inside the slaughterhouse....Disssssss-gusting. Did you know that pigs are just as smart as dogs, if not smarter? I look at my 90lb doggies and picture them in a line-up to get slaughtered....that right there makes me not wanna eat a pig. I'm not trying to tell people not to eat meat. Whatever floats your boat, go for it. I'm just sayin... I'm not gonna do it anymore and I have extremely healthy bones and an even healthier spirit personally. And, no, I do not hug trees.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Baby Asperagus/Wrapped in bacon strips/Sauteed in onion,garlic,butter and white wine.....

..........Yum!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit