Paleontologists Brought to Tears, Laughter by Creation Museum

by leavingwt 46 Replies latest social current

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Paleontologists brought to tears, laughter by Creation Museum

The museum argues that the fossil record has been misinterpreted and that Tyrannosaurus rex was a vegetarian before Adam and Eve bit into that sin-inducing apple.
    Jardine, a palaeobiologist graduate student from the University of Birmingham, was having fun on the tour, but told a reporter that he was disturbed by the museum's cartoonish portrayal of scientists and teachers.
    "I feel very sorry for teachers when the children who come here start guessing if what they're being taught is wrong," Jardine said.
    Arnie Miller, a palentologist at the University of Cincinnati who was chairman of the convention, said he hoped the tour would introduce the scientists to "the lay of the land" and show them firsthand what's being put forth in a place that has elicited vehement criticism from the scientific community.

http://www.physorg.com/news165555744.html

Paleontology and Creationism Meet but Don’t Mesh

But here in the Creation Museum in northern Kentucky, Earth and the universe are just over 6,000 years old, created in six days by God. The museum preaches, “Same facts, different conclusions” and is unequivocal in viewing paleontological and geological data in light of a literal reading of the Bible.
    In the creationist interpretation, the layers were laid down in one event — the worldwide flood when God wiped the land clean except for the creatures on Noah’s ark — and these dinosaurs died in 2348 B.C., the year of the flood.
    “That’s one thing I learned,” Dr. Sato said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/30/science/30muse.html?_r=2&pagewanted=1&ref=science

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

The creation museum is such a joke.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ok... so how do they explain 12 billion-year-old light from objects far away in space? Did gawd put the light there to "test" or "fool" humans who do not believe in the 6000 year-old-earth?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Ok... so how do they explain 12 billion-year-old light from objects far away in space? Did gawd put the light there to "test" or "fool" humans who do not believe in the 6000 year-old-earth?

Yes, that is what some folks believe. That God created those luminaries and then "stretched" the rays of light "out" so that we can see them.

Step #1: START with the CONCLUSION.

It's all downhill from there.

• poppers
    poppers

I think they claim that the speed of light has changed. It's just so ridiculous. What nincompoops.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Yes I atually agree with this because they are speculating on the bible which clearly is not meant to be a scientific book so they are going beyond it and making fools of themselves.

but evolution isn't free of it's own start with conclusion points - evolution not started by God = conclusion so must have been a big bang = speculation.

Reniaa

• villabolo
    villabolo

To offer one example of an "intelligent design" there is the Ostrich that has vestigial wings but can't fly.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Reniaa, Don't let yourself sound ill-informed. The big bang is a logical explanation of how an extremely small and extremely dense entity (? the singularity)was able to overcome the extreme gravitational forces exerted by it's very existence in order to expand to form the unverse. The universe IS expanding (the WTS acknoledge this in the Creator book, and provable by the Doppler effect), so it must have started small and got bigger. The energy required for this would have been enough to cause a very big bang. How did the big bang initiate? I know what I believe...........and the reason why? In the wake of an explosion we see Chaos but with the big bang we see order, which is why I believe it was initiated and controlled by a creator.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Ostridge wings are used for balance, they are used in courship displays, the adults use them protect their chicks - hardly vestigal!!! Penguins are flightless they use their wings for swimming. Kiwis - well that;s a different story altogether.

• reniaa
    reniaa

cantleave without proof it may sound good but it is still speculation. that the universe is expanding I accept but that any sort of bang was needed Is pure speculation based on current knowledge that you use the word controlled shows you yourself would limit the bang. I'm not saying it couldn't have happened that way I'm just saying that we have no proof only the end result of SOMETHING.

I am no scientists but I know after any explosion even planned ones the effects are still random and uncontrolled and why no one stands nearby. The one thing God isn't is uncontrolled. If we know one thing about gravity, atons, DNA structure is the fine planning is quite beautiful.

Reniaa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit