Paleontologists Brought to Tears, Laughter by Creation Museum

by leavingwt 46 Replies latest social current

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Hint of lime.. You seem to be denying the laws of the universe always existed. or maybe I misunerstand what you are saying, can you clarify the following?

I am not saying that the laws of the universe were 'created'. There is no reason to think that "1 + 1 = 2" suddenly became true at the big bang. We do know that the universe began at some point (because we can follow the trajectory of all known galexies to a common origin), and we know the universe follows rules of physics and mathmatics. What caused the universe... or what came before it.. is something we will probably never know. That knowledge is likely lost and time, and forever outside of our perspective.

But just because something is outside of our perspective does NOT mean that suddenly anything goes. I may not know what is inside a particular sealed cardboard box... but the fact that I don't know what is inside of it doesn't make the odds better that a fairy is inside of it.

Physics and mathmatics are the gods of our universe. Most likely, they were the gods of the universe before all that we see through telescopes came to be as well.

- Lime

• Badger
    Badger

When you don't know the explanation for something and need to fill in the blanks, faith can.

When you do know the explanation for something, but keep holding on to your original belief with no empirical basis, that's not faith, it's just stubborness.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    When you don't know the explanation for something and need to fill in the blanks, faith can.

OR... you could just say "I don't know" and not try to fill in any blanks. Leave the blanks for someone else with a more sophisticated brain (no offense meant - I certainly can't connect all these dots) to try to internalize a model of these things and provide us with an answer.

"I don't know" is the most honest answer I've ever heard. And "I don't know" doesn't require any sort of 'faith' - just humble agreement.

- Lime

• Caedes
    Caedes

We do know that holy spirit is God's power and constantly acting on the earth, in fact a form of continuous energy.

Er well, actually let me quote someone familiar.

without proof it may sound good but it is still speculation.

You don't "know" you believe without any evidence whatsoever.

The plural of anecdote is not data.

• lrkr
    lrkr

Gravity and atomic structure are also "theories" by the way. Calling evolution a "theory" doesnt diminish it. Creation doesn't even rise to the level of a theory- its just a "story"

• leavingwt
  • hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Shamus -

eauw!! The Satanic subliminal images in those illustrations are terrifying! Nathanfreddyted saveme.

HB

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

No Reina your wrong (again) we DO know about the big bang in fact we can still 'hear' the back ground radiation released by it...

Your happiness with your own ignorance is embarrassing, stop sucking the watchtower and go back to school...

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Scientific inquiry starts with a reasonable hypothesis and sets out to prove or disprove it.

Creationism starts with an unreasonable hypothesis - and sticks with it.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Great comment

"I think there's a lot of focus on fear, and I don't think that's a very Christian message... I find it a malicious manipulation of the public."

I have a feeling the folks that came up with this gem of a "museum", are Palin's base.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit