Paleontologists Brought to Tears, Laughter by Creation Museum

by leavingwt 46 Replies latest social current

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    Nobody created God. You don't have to be a genius to understand that. The uncaused Cause, by definition.

If God can 'just happen'... and God is intellegent (intellegence requires a system of organized connections to sort, process, build internals models of, and act upon data.. so complex we haven't figured everything out yet, just the basics)....

Then it is much more likely it is that the universe 'just happened' - a bunch of stupid dust bouncing off itself until physical laws like gravity reigned in over the chaos to create patterns (which can be demonstrated on a graphic calculator).

Why resort to a complicated solution when a simpler solution exists? (Oh right,.. death is scary.)

- Lime

• Atomahawk
    Atomahawk

My opinion:

Mankind’s understanding of the universe is based solely on it’s very limited experience living in it. Everything we think we know, understand, and what we believe to be true can drastically change at any point in what we call time. The big bang theory is a theory not fact and it’s based on our perception and understanding of the mechanics of the universe as we know it. Humans need to believe everything has a starting point and an end point it’s what we know and understand at the moment. There could be myriads of other possibilities of how the universe started and where it’s going, and it’s very possible that we will never understand or even grasp the truth even if it was right in front of us.

The same can be said about the concept of a god or gods as the source of all things. Many trust in his/her/it’s existence as the only possibility that answers all their questions, hopes, dreams and desires and is considered fact for them. Our imagination and creativity could have been the source that fueled and encouraged mankind to explain the unexplainable through a god. The fact of the matter is no one today can prove the existence of such an entity. If he/she/it exist it’s their choice to make themselves manifest or not. I’m not talking about signs, prophets interpretation of literature etc. That’s already been done to death and has not proved existence

• restrangled
    restrangled

Hint of lime.. You seem to be denying the laws of the universe always existed. or maybe I misunerstand what you are saying, can you clarify the following?

If God can 'just happen'... and God is intellegent (intellegence requires a system of organized connections to sort, process, build internals models of, and act upon data.. so complex we haven't figured everything out yet, just the basics)....

Then it is much more likely it is that the universe 'just happened' - a bunch of stupid dust bouncing off itself until physical laws like gravity reigned in over the chaos to create patterns (which can be demonstrated on a graphic calculator).

Why resort to a complicated solution when a simpler solution exists? (Oh right,.. death is scary.)

- Lime

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

God is not subject to our hypotheses, love. Things don't happen when there is no Time. Things just are. The Thing Just IS.

I AM.

Besides, even the best science we have now tends to be easily interpretable in a manner to refute a bunch of stupid dust bouncing off itself until physical laws like gravity reigned in over the chaos to create patterns .

BTS

• shamus100
    shamus100

Nobody created God. You don't have to be a genius to understand that. The uncaused Cause, by definition.

Now bring on the special pleading blah blah.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

You are a scintillating something Shamus. Guess what I am thinking.

BTS

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thanks Shamus, that explains everything!

Anyway, I didn't find a Creation Museum answer to my question. But here's the article on yahoo: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090630/lf_afp/scienceusreligionevolution_20090630160938

This paragraph struck me as bizarre:

Lisa Park of the University of Akron cried at one point as she walked a hallway full of flashing images of war, famine and natural disasters which the museum blames on belief in evolution.

So, before Darwin there was no war, famine, or natural disaster?
    Yeah, I read the Bible. I'm pretty sure that God has war, famine, and natural disasters in HIS toolbox to smite the evolutionary heathens.

The article mentions that most mainstream religions don't agree with what's presented in Creation Museum, as highlighted by this:

Daryl Domning, professor of anatomy at Howard University , held his chin and shook his head at several points during the tour.
    "This bothers me as a scientist and as a Christian, because it's just as much a distortion and misrepresentation of Christianity as it is of science," he said.

B the X

• shamus100
    shamus100

Billy,

Would you like to go with me to the museum?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Shamus, that baaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaad!

• shamus100
    shamus100

BTS,

Whatever are you talking about? I'm this guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit