My issues with women ...

by The Berean 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• beksbks
    beksbks

Sorry B, but generalizations are killer. I've been there. It can prevent us from not only treating others fairly, and as individuals, but it can also prevent us from embracing (and being embraced by) some pretty wonderful people.

• caliber
    caliber
    Your comments are like so many we have seen here lately. To say that women/men are this way or that way because of personal experience is to be shortsighted and ignorant. People are different, some are decent and loving and honest, some are not. Some are broken and make lousy choices, some come out of hellish lives intact. We are all individuals....Beks

I think the above quote sums things up, we are all individuals , but to add one more thought... I believe the WT intense

program of activity perverts and interferes with the whole man-women natural relationships... priority is shafted away from

family and towards the importance of organizational things to "please " God ! Often our early childhood perceptions of people

are projected onto others through no conscious intent on our part..but only through our personal experience and training .

I would never want to question ones personal experience but only to say try to look beyonds these set perceptions ...see individuals

as Beks says !

Caliber

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Your comments are like so many we have seen here lately. To say that women/men are this way or that way because of personal experience is to be shortsighted and ignorant. People are different, some are decent and loving and honest, some are not. Some are broken and make lousy choices, some come out of hellish lives intact. We are all individuals.

Couldn't have said it better myself!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh yes you could have Keyser! But thanks.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

my opinion amounts to an inaccurate "generalization."

No, no. Not at all. I agreed that your perceptions are valid. Others did also.

But just try to look at others' perceptions for a better understanding of what you cannot see. None of us can know or see everything from another's view.

One thing I have managed to do even before I stopped going to the Kingdom Hall was to stop quickly judging a person or deciding things from just my own point of view.

I fully agree when you say: that in today's organization if you took away the women, it woulds all fall apart.

The women cause the men to go out in field circus. The need for women in their lives is the whole drive of the men. The women are the "more spiritual" of the two- in general. I just offered a different take on some of your thoughts to help you see how I or others judge it. I think I was just kinda pushing a completely different view because I had hoped you hadn't given up on women. They are half the world.

• The Berean
    The Berean

If we want to pick apart words' isn't: "They are second class, "in submission" no matter what kind of moron or bastard the man in the family is" a sexist accusation which might not always be true?

• beksbks
    beksbks

My point was that being male is the only requirement to be head of family. Period. I've seen men who had no business being the head of the table much less the head of the family being deferred to because that is what the organization requires. My comment was actually an observation of sexism. I never said all men are morons or bastards, I only pointed out that even if they are, they are still afforded the leadership roll in the family.

• The Berean
    The Berean

Sorry, but not all men are leaders of their family ... and wives can be morons also ...we only know what we see in public.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Dude, I am talking about what the JW's admonish. Damn tootin' women can be morons that was my point above, neither men or women have a corner on any type of virtue, vice or behavior. But the organization cares not who is more qualified to be the head, it must always be the man. That is not saying everyone adheres to that, but that is the rule.

• The Berean
    The Berean

Dudess,

That admonition is only applicable when there are both a Father and Mother in the family. I am speaking strictly from the point of view of a "fatherless boy." Can you give me that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit