My issues with women ...

by The Berean 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Berean
    The Berean

I have always viewed women as more clever, manipulative, and intelligent than me. No, I never walked around voicing my bias ... yet, over time, I must confess I have been afraid of the opposite sex. It has only been in recent times that I have begun to fairly evaluate each individual by their conduct and not their gender.

Why do I bring this matter up on this particular site? It is because I have come to believe that Jehovah's Witnesses are a female-driven organization using males to do the "dirty work."

Mother was a divorced, stubborn zealot for the "truth" who taught me early what she referred to as the evil "wiles" of women. She took me to Genesis and showed me how Eve seduced Adam into not only disobeying God but to also taking the blame. She labeled sex as "dirty" and inferred that women used it to control men. At night, I would walk down a street in fear that a women would jump out from behind a tree and attack me! (Later in life I would hope that that might happen ... it never has!)

At the KH I began to notice that mothers were at the forefront browbeating their children into compliance and in the bathrooms beating them into submission. I would see many Sisters without husbands but few men raising their children alone. I began to notice that while the complaints of men were most often ignored by elders that the best way to get something done was to have a female protest to the elders ... additionally, it seemed always to be abusive husbands having been heard of as being guilty of "driving their wives into sin."

As time went on my distrust became fortified. Mother began a series of affairs eventually resulting in the birth of a child and she was subsequently DFd. No wonder she was so aware of what women were capable of ... all that time she had been revealing her own heart. In the course of time, she was reinstated, never told her illegitimate son how he was concieved or even who is father was. The boy would later suffer severe confusion as a result. For the rest of her life Mother would remain in denial concerning the past while blaming others for her plight. She would never allow any of her five children to associate with their natural fathers.

My baptised older sister also honed in on a man and became pregnant. She faded from the organization and was never held accountable. Later, she would fade back in and become a regular pioneer which she remains to this day.

I married a Catholic girl who ironically became a Witness and although we have stuck it out for many years, she too has had affairs for which she avoided congregational action. While I have chosen to overlook her indiscretions my self-esteem has suffered.

Certainly, not all have experienced such hypocrisy from a Father or Mother. Yet, I can understand some of the crime and hatred that occurs against innocent women who end up in the line of fire perpetrated by sick, angry men. Fortunately, I never turned to retaliation.

Today I am maintaining, but I would speculate that since it took decades for me to recognize and break free from the control of a disfunctional parent that others may have a similar unrealized resentmant.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Due to what I saw and heard in my childhood, I harbor a similar resentment against men.

Sylvia

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

It is because I have come to believe that Jehovah's Witnesses are a female-driven organization using males to do the "dirty work."

Yeah, good luck pushing that agenda.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Yet, I can understand some of the crime and hatred that occurs against innocent women who end up in the line of fire perpetrated by sick, angry men.

It almost sounds as if you're attempting to rationalize rape and abuse of women.

• megaflower
    megaflower
    Sorry to hear that your experience with women has been so negative. I can see why you would feel this way with the experience you had with your mother. However, your mom was an extreme and most women are not like that. I have been married for 29 years and never strayed nor has my husband. Personally, I found most of the men to be overbearing in all the KH's I attended. The women did do most of the discplining with the children because the husband was for the most part lazy and would not get off thier a$$es. The men would lord it over the women that they where the head and "do not question my authority". I had very little respect for most of these createans. JW men are overbearing, controlling for the most part. Yes, there are some exceptions but I came across very few in the 20 years I spent in that damn cult.
  • VIII
    VIII

Get some good psychiatric help.

Perhaps with a man. Wouldn't want you and a lone female in the same room. Especially with a lock. And a sofa.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Recognizing from where your issues come is a BIG step in diffusing them> However, i think that it will only take you so far towards freedom from them. At some future point, you probably will need to consider these as mental constructs that keep you bound to your past. Since the mind loves nothing better than to produce thoughts that distract one from living in the present, you may need to learn to shut off the mind as well, for short periods.

S

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    mothers were at the forefront browbeating their children into compliance and in the bathrooms beating them into submission.

My take on this one sentence is that mother's were taking out their frustrations on their own children. And in some cases, mothers who didn't adequately control their children got their own beatings from their husbands.

Your thoughts and post are a good start for you to begin healing. I agree that you should consider seeing a therapist. Your views are likely impacting every relationship you have and can be very damaging to your children.

If money is a concern, consider checking out a few ACA (Adult Children of Alcoholics) groups. With or without alcohol abuse, your mom seems to have exhibited many of the same characteristics.

-Aude.

• The Berean
    The Berean

Satanus:

Helpful counsel ... while at first blush some may be alarmed by my presentation, it appears that you get it and are looking toward adjustment rather than to focus on my defects.

Thanx

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

From my own experiance, the influence my mother had on me and how I related to women....

throughout my life was huge. I compensated for mens shortcomings and failures, excusing them and giving them permission

to be abusive, so I was not like my controlling, lying, manipulative mother.

I hardly found any women throughout my life that I trusted. Where many women I knew trustworthy? I am sure they were.

But I was already hardwired to think they were all like my Mom.

Not all women are like my Mom, even when they do things that look JUST LIKE WHAT MY MOM does.

I don't know, I understand where you got the messages, it's tough,

It's easy to keep finding people that fit your mold of how your mom treated you,

thus keeping the message perpetuated.

Hope that makes sense.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit