Ex jw wife

by sspo 60 Replies latest social relationships

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    OTWO wrote: Hey buddy, she went after you to get you DF'ed.
    She used the rules to hurt people, reject people. Let her live with those same rules.

You didn't want to leave and didn't want to get divorced in the first place.

It's not OK for her to keep pushing just to get her way at every turn.

Those rules that chose to embrace so vehemently are biting her in the butt. Seems she made assumptions about how *all* apostates will behave when the leave Jehovah. Apparently her assumptions were wrong. You do still have some principles and love for your family.

Crazy, isn't it?

-Aude.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I remember thinking about your other thread, "what would I do?"

My opinion is to not write the letter solely because it is the WT rules, and that is submitting to them. Ick. Do NOT give them any more power.

However, the exception would be, for me, is if when thoroughly thinking it through, you felt it was the right thing to do for you and your life, your future, your conscience, your soul. You will know the right thing to do for you.

She left you right? She needs to justify that to herself and the WT, not you.

Either way, good luck and wish you the best!

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Tell her sure you'll write the letter, right after the Society sends you a letter first stating that you will not ever be DF

or shunned and that you will always be considered in good standing. It must be signed by all current members of the

GB and the Society's board of directors.

Once you have that in writing, (as if they would ever agree to it) tell her sure you'd write her a letter.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Did you have someone else in the last three years so in god's eyes she could marry again? if that is the case i would advise writing the letter, Your children are witnesses and they will just think you are being vindictive if you refuse but this all hinges on whether your wife truly has grounds for divorce in god's eyes.

If you have not commited any act that causes your marriage to be undone in god's eyes it would be wrong to lie about it.

Reniaa

• choosing life
    choosing life

She if really free to remarry now. She needs to learn to live by the same rules she is putting everyone else under.

Maybe she will see the harshness of having a cult run her life?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I had a similar situation with my ex-wife. I was the one to walk, though. I also am the one who filed for the divorce.

She kept asking me to give her the 'i did the deed with another' bit - so she could be 'free' to remarry.

The way I saw it - the divorce was legal in the eyes of the law - just as our marriage was. They can't have it both ways. Picking only parts of law that suits their purposes - and rejecting the rest.

I never gave her anything - in writing - or verbally. It's THEIR rules - not mine. Legally, we were free to remarry. That was good enough for me - and should have been - for her.

Next time - tell your ex - the easiest way would be for her to 'get some' - confess - then she would be 'free' to remarry. See how she likes the sound of that option.

Good Luck with your ex.

Regards,

Jim TX

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

The fact that Reniaa is advising you to write the letter should be conclusive proof that you should not write it.

• sspo
    sspo

Reniia

Would you like her phone # and advise her what 1Cor 7:10-15 says.

1000's ofJW stay with their mates even when they do not believe.

She was hoping i'd be screwing around out there and quickly give her freedom.

Please, either you know very little about the bible or you are like the rest of the JW's

that are usually like donkeys with blinds on and cannot reason.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Did you have someone else in the last three years so in god's eyes she could marry again?"

Reniaa..Do you remember how badly you protest when someone ask s you anything even remotely personal..

And..

Now you want to know if SSPO has had sex with someone besides his EX..LOL!!........I`m going to save this....It will help remind you what a hypocrite you are..

...........................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

How about writing her elders a letter and saying how you have continued to be willing to reconcile- Jehovah hates a divorcing. You have just been waiting for her. And then say how she has asked for her freedom, suggesting that she might be dating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit