Too bad our daughter was born....

by Albert Einstein 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully

When we were expecting our planned third, an elder came up to me and said that the pregnancy "must have been an accident, because nobody would be stupid enough to plan to have a baby so close to Armageddon™."

It was mean-spirited comments like this that got me to realize how much love was lacking among JWs.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"I think Reniaa has mastered the meaning of the word confrontation... now move on to a new word

like assume ( ass/u/me)

assume....meaning #4.... 5 : to take as granted or true :suppose <I assume he'll be there>"

I'm writing this slowly so some folks will understand When you assume you make an ass out of u not me

Back to topic

• Quandry
    Quandry

Albert,

I am sorry. I thought you meant YOUR child. I can't imagine anyone ever saying this about their own child!! Shame on them!!

I too was at the Convention in 1997, at which the talk "RESPONSIBLE CHILDBEARING IN THIS TIME OF THE END" was given. It was in July, and I was hugely pregnant, expecting my first (and only) child in August.

Yes, I felt that all eyes were on me as I waddled around the convention center. Guilt!!! But I wanted a child, and was so happy to have my daughter.

Those "righteous" people that didn't have children may live to regret it when they get old with no one to care for them, and are lonely.

I took care of and visited my parents before they died. I hope my daughter will do the same for me.

I remember some witlesses, when they found out I was pregnant, asking me if I was happy about it, I suppose expecting me to lament the fact that I could do less in "the organization" now. This was annoying to me. Why couldn't they just congratulate me?

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

I remember when my wife got pregnant for the first time 8 years ago, number 1 question of EVERYBODY in KH was: "Oh, did you plan it?" OMG - what a stupid question! Like you should apologize for it! No one single "wordly" person did ever ask us this! Its unthinkable!

I remember I was answering everybody: "Do you really think this is a proper question brother?" And on several occasions (to our close friends) I answerd "Oh, you want to know if our condom got ripped?"

If it was supposed to be embarassing for me, why not for them?

Albert

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    When we were expecting our planned third, an elder came up to me and said that the pregnancy "must have been an accident, because nobody would be stupid enough to plan to have a baby so close to Armageddon™."

How did you resist punching this guy?

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

I once had a sister come up to me after my daughter was just born and said she thought it was not a bright idea that I be bearing children, because during the big A, I would probably have to witness by daughter being tortured for my faith. What happened to congratulations?

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

This attitude that has been prevalent in JW circles for decades. Many Witnesses have been frustrated by it over the years. I remember hearing a story from back in the forties. A sister commented to another sister, "Look what Satan did to Sister Newly Pregnant." Both wise and quick on her feet, the other sister replied, "And I know the devil who did it too!"

• Steve_C
    Steve_C
    This attitude that has been prevalent in JW circles for decades. Many Witnesses have been frustrated by it over the years. I remember hearing a story from back in the forties. A sister commented to another sister, "Look what Satan did to Sister Newly Pregnant." Both wise and quick on her feet, the other sister replied, "And I know the devil who did it too!"

• BorgHater
    BorgHater

I think all jw's should be steralized!!

• AuntBee
    AuntBee

"Now observe that when that clever harlot, our natural reason . . . , takes a look at married life, she turns up her nose and says, “Alas, must I rock the baby, wash its diapers, make its bed, smell its stench, stay up nights with it, take care of it when it cries, heal its rashes and sores . . . ?”

What then does Christian faith say to this? It opens its eyes, looks upon all these insignificant, distasteful, and despised duties in the Spirit, and is aware that they are all adorned with divine approval as with the costliest gold and jewels. It says, O God, because I am certain that thou hast created me as a man and hast from my body begotten this child, I also know for a certainty that it meets with thy perfect pleasure. I confess to thee that I am not worthy to rock the little babe or wash its diapers, or to be entrusted with the care of the child and its mother. How is it that I, without any merit, have come to this distinction of being certain that I am serving thy creature and thy most precious will? O how gladly will I do so, though the duties should be even more insignificant and despised. Neither frost nor heat, neither drudgery nor labor, will distress or dissuade me, for I am certain that it is thus pleasing in thy sight. . . . God, with all his angels and creatures is smiling—not because the father is washing diapers, but because he is doing so in Christian faith. "

Martin Luther

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit