Supreme Court Blood Case - WTS LOSES

by skeeter1 168 Replies latest watchtower medical

• TD
    TD

The principal criterion usually revolves around whether the minor truly understands the likely consequences of their decision.

In this area, JW's have been their own worst enemy, because the majority of rank and file members have been educated to believe that blood component therapy is bad medicine; it is never indicated under any circumstances; it does far more harm than good and that quality non-blood alternatives are always available for any situation.

When a minor is that badly misinformed it is not entirely surprising for a court to decide that they do not truly understand the likely consequences of their decision. Even with JW adults, it has been suggested that some form of non-interventional paternalism would serve the patient better.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Unless they were trying to infuse her with blood from a dead person, the Bible provides no objection to receiving blood for medical treatment.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I read an article in MSNews which held the opinion that the recent case of the boy with Lymphoma whose mother was refusing chemo therapy (some kind of "native American" new age stuff) may have profound legal results for more mainstream religions such as the Jehovah's Witnesses who have traditionally rejected certain mainstream medical procedures.

Part of that court's decision to make the kid take the treatment was that the kid had been sort of brainwashed into his disbelief in doctors...he was about 13, homeschooled, and could not even read!!!

Hate to say it, but most 13 year old witnesses are equally brainwashed, and have probably not read anything other than WTS junk.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

The issue of Canada vs. JWs (on issues such as blood transfusion, parent-child relationship rights, and the transmission of its culture and values) appear to me quite similar to the issue of Canada vs. its Aboriginals (on issues such as residential schools, parent-child relationship rights, and the transmission of its culture and values). Just as the Canadian government has had to apologize to the Aboriginals, as a first step in recognizing Native autonomy and sovereign rights of the respective Aboriginal nations, so too must the Canadian government apologize to JWs, as a first step to recognizing the sovereign rights of Jehovah over his people whom he has called out as a nation for his name. Without full human rights accorded to each and every human in its territory, respect continues to need to be elevated.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Spike Tassel..First Nations People and the JW blood issue have nothing in common..

You don`t know what you are talking about..Which is`nt unusual..

....................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

It is ridiculous to think a child can make an informed decision on a religious or medical matter. The question is where does the Superior Authority have the right to protect a child? If you were being abused by your parent, but they said it was a "religious" obligation for them abuse you - should the Government step in? Absolutely! This is a matter where the life of a child is involved. Even if you're a JW you should not fight the court order for a transfusion. You should recognize that the "Superior Autority" has the right to make decisions you don't agree with. When I was a JW I would not have given permission, but I never would have fought the blood trans either.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

The search and seizure methods sanctioned by the Government of Canada, whether against Japanese during WWII, the Aboriginals during the Residential school era, or JW children in health matters are all clear violations of UN charter human rights. Just because they garner newspaper headlines indicates the controversial nature. These tragedies continue in fulfillment of Proverbs 22:3, which reads "Shrewd is the one that has seen the calamity and proceeds to conceal himself, but the inexperienced have passed along and must suffer the penalty."

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Prov 22:3 would describe the govts here shrewdly taking action against the calamitous actions of the governing body in their making of unscriptural rules due to their inexperience.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

On the other hand, some may shrewdly avoid confrontations that inexperienced ones get suckered into.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Correct Spike tassal. I do my best to assist those who have been suckered into the JW cult to shrewdly avoid that kind of confrontation by exposing to them the facts about the WT...so they can hopefully see thru the cult and wake up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit