Supreme Court Blood Case - WTS LOSES

by skeeter1 168 Replies latest watchtower medical

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

correct spike, Jehovah- not the WT. Jehovah thru his word the Bible did not address blood transfusions.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Spike,

The decision to forego a medically available treatment is a serious one, especially when the decision could kill you.

Remember, Jehovah has serious words about committing suicide. Don't the JWs believe that if you commit suicide that you likely lose your hopes of ressurection.

So, if the doctor told me that I needed a drug treatment to continue living (say, blood pressure pills) and without those blood pressure pills, my blood pressure is most likely going to skyrocket and cause me a deadly stroke or heart attack, and I committing suicide by not taking the prescribed pills? Obviously, I am killing myself.

If you are a Jehovah's Witness and you give your headship to the Organization, then you owe it to Jehovah to not question the medically approved treatments he has provided for. Even if the men who run the Watchtower, have fractions and current therapy wrong, isn't the point of the upcoming August 15, 2009 Watchtower that you must still submit to the Governing Body's rules?

Can you trust your Bible trained conscience to forego available blood treatments that the Governing Body gives its nod to and authorizes all the "bloodless" surgery centers to use?

While there is one "rule" to abstain from blood, is there not other rules which much be balanced? Suicide? Preaching work, etc.?

Why is suicide wrong? Jehovah needs you here on this Earth to preach. You are too valuable of a human being to be "cheating" by taking the "easy route" out of this World by self inflicted suicide. Think of how many door-to-door hours going into getting just one human being to become a Jehovah's Witness. Now, you are going to go against the Governing Body and Jehovah and refuse an organ transplant, vaccines, and blood fractions? Spike, it's simple for me to see that Jehovah needs every JW he has in his Army, and has provided these loving medical remedies for you to use to sustain yourself.

Skeeter

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

We each must live in the skin we're in.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Clearly in the throes of trying to distinguish between God and the Society.

Sometimes it is very difficult to see the difference.

BUT remember always - there is a difference

wp

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

This is true. The One has been around forever, and that is what matters. Let God be found true, even as every imperfect being may be proved wrong from time to time.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

exactly spike...and it has been shown on here muitple times that the scriptures do not address blood transfusions, and that this blood ban is obviously not of God. This leaves the GB guilty of murder in God's name.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

we each draw our own conclusions according to our individual free will

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

that is not the case among JWs. If a JW does reach the conclusion that his conscience will allow a transfusion he is then subject to losing his family and friends thru disfellowshipping.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Individual free will. Spike, I so agree with you on those beautiful words.

Decisions on life-death matters need to be individually made by a mature person who has been presented all the facts, free from misrepresentation, and makes the decision autonomously, without fear of retribution (like shunning, disassocaition, disfellowshipping).

Because the Watchtower admonishes against independent thinking, disassocaites/shuns those who take a blood transfusion, and its blood literature is full of misquotes.....Canada (and the rest of the world) will not let a child of 13 try to make this decision.

If the Watchtower's writing department cleaned up its act and the GB removed the shunning rules on blood.....then the 13 year olds MIGHT have a chance of presenting their "individual free will" blood decisions to the government.

• Will Power
    Will Power

I get the shivers every time I read or hear "What would please Jehovah more?"

Free will - bollocks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit