"Apostates can only criticize , tear down and destroy "

by BluesBrother 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• villabolo
    villabolo

Reniaa, you worship yourselves. Jehovah is nothing more than a puppet-a ventriloquist dummy- in your hands speaking out in your voice. And your pathetic Jesus, even from an Arian viewpoint, is a pathetic cardboard cutout, a mere sounding board in your demonic organizations' view.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Isaacaustin -

I think your questioning of Bluesbrother as to whether he reads what goes on on this site is a waste of time.

BB has been posting much longer than either of us, and was an elder - who is better placed to judge the truth or fallacy of the things said about JWs?

I get so sick and tired of JWs constantly questioning the source of information or the motives of the one providing it.

If SATAN said "2+2=4" Would you then be stupid enough to say 'That cannot be true because the Devil said it"

If the FDS said "2+2 DOES NOT = 4" would you disagree with it?? would you agree with it if they held a gun to your head and said you will be killed if you dont agree??

Would you at LEAST ask - if 2+2 is not equal to 4, what is it equal to? then test it.

Can any sane person accept "2+2 = whatever the GB says at the time..."

HB

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

The Watchtower Society wrote the BOOK on "taking things out of context" to "prove" their idiotic dogma. All one has to do is open up such masterpieces as the Creation Book to see their tall tales.

As for singing and giving praise to Jehovah blah blah blah...even the MAFIA stands at the front of the Catholic Church and praises God. Means NADA if you look down your nose at other human beings.

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

I read this post inn this forum a number of years ago it was a keeper concerning this subjject:

Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." - Nigerian saying.

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell
    the difference.

"Theologically, Jehovah’s Witnesses are a family hurtful cult of Christianity. The oppressive organization does not represent logical historical facts, sociologically; it is a destructive cult whose false teachings frequently result in spiritual and psychological abuse, as well as needless deaths.

I understand the dictionary definition of an "apostate" and I suppose that definition fits me. However, I have my own definition, which makes me more comfortable as it does not fit me. I (and it is my opinion that is important to me) apply the term apostate to those that have knowingly bent and twisted the word of the God in the Bible to their own advantage. Using my definition makes the WTS an apostate organization (one of many). I don't like apostates and this means that I don't like the WTS.

I never did enjoy being judgmental that rules their rules are supreme - elder, pioneer, ms, co, do, governing body, weak, strong, active, inactive, in the truth, worldly, pagan, on and on. Every label gave you a mental picture of how to treat, love, hate, ignore or otherwise judge the person on the receiving end of that label. Apostate is a simple term - it means to leave basically - but they have made us a mental image of 'evil slave' - having God and his people excreta.

Hard to get over those mental pictures for most I think -

By the way I am a real 'apostate' - a good one - most witnesses would like to be as good as a lot of these 'apostates' are on this site.- but if u think about it didn't the WTS 'label' everything? It was really part of the “New Light,” if it were from Jehovah, it would have been right in the first place, and would not need updating. So what is current light now may very well be old light next year, and at times it has. Why would Jehovah give them the wrong understanding to start with?

That is the stuff that always bothered me so that is what I bring up. Of course now I know it was all a fairly tale anyhow."

A side note is this from the Mormons point of view:

"I think a full, free talk is frequently of great use; we want nothing secret nor
    underhanded, and I for one want no association with things that cannot
    be talked about and will not bear investigation."
    ---Mormon President John Taylor, Journal of Discourses, vol. 20, p. 264.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

kurtbethel,

"Apostates can only criticize, tear down, and destroy" that which is weak and built on shifting sands of illusion.

That which is true, built on a solid foundation, is unassailable by apostates, opposers or naysayers.

That is excellent reasoning! If they have the truth, why do they cower in terror at any critical analysis?

B the X

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I'm so tired of how the Jehovahs blow this out of preportion. We're not in kindergarden any more. Get over the whole apostate thing - it's not unique to the JWs, millions turn away from their beliefs every year for whatever reasons.

You Jehovahs can throw all your reasoning at me, I was one of you, I already am prepared for what you will say. Go about your life and leave us alonge.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa:

We follow Jehovah and his son Jesus,

My reply: no you don't. You follow what the GB tells you to do, thru the WT. You do whatever they tell you to do at that given time, subject to change at any given time.

we apply bible principles,

My reply: No you don't...you apply principles set out in the WT, which are the GB demands.

we believe high bible moral principles,

My reply: As well as GB demands which overide clear high Bible standards, such as the sanctity of life...and your refusal of blood as you sacrifice to the GB. That aside, many other groups also do all of the above. How are you special?

we believe the leaders of men have to guide the flock in more than just name, we teach the WHOLE bible we do not pick and choose our scriptures.

My reply: You do not teach the whole Bible. You have GB doctrine...and make the Bible fit that. If it does not fit you symbolize, ignore, mistranslate...etc

We preach Gods message to the entire inhabited earth in obedience to God's prophecy and command,

My reply: You do not. You preach another gosepl chock full of false prophecy, inocrrect teachings/etc.

we avoid idolatry,

My reply: You do not. You worship the GB and cowtow to their demands, which are subject to change at any time.

we place no other Gods before Jehovah not even his son who we recognse as king and our saviour the image of his father who has been given authority in all things accept Almighty God Jehovah himself.

My reply: Wrong again. You place the GB as a god before the Father and serve them.

We look up into the heavens and pray to Jehovah through his son asking for forgiveness and that God's will be done on earth as it has been done in heaven.

My reply: Most religions do that.

We worship the one Almighty God Jehovah with hearts that solely belong to him, my first memory of praying was to my heavenly father Jehovah as a child through his son Jesus.

My reply: You do not worship Almighty God jehovah with hearts that belong solely to him. You serve men and worship them as your mediator and slave for them in hopes of your salvation.

The saddest thing I see in apostates is they have no love of Jehovah left in them all they do is shout from hardened hearts :(.

My reply: The saddest thing I see in JWs is their alienation from God. Some apostates have no love of God...some do. It is not dependent on whether they have apostatized from the JW cult that determines this...it is what the person chooses.

Reniaa

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    The saddest thing I see in apostates is they have no love of Jehovah left in them all they do is shout from hardened hearts :(.

That is because you have been pre-programed to expect that. Therefore that is what you see. Again, this is a classic sign of cognitive dissonance. An outside observer would have a hard time seeing the same thing. "Apostates" have no unified emotional front towards the WTBTS. "Apostates" are individuals in a variety of stages of recovery.

Whenever someone attempts to classify an entire group of people as having the exact same agenda and emotional state, warning bells should go off. That type of fallacious reasoning is a sign of control attempts.

• chickpea
    chickpea

with apologies to ira gershwin

"you say apostates criticize, etc
    i say they speak their truth"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit