"Apostates can only criticize , tear down and destroy "

by BluesBrother 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

That statement "apostates can only criticize, tear down, and destroy" is the last refuge of someone who cannot compete in the marketplace of ideas. When a Witness makes such a statement, he has conceded the argument.

Fact of the matter is that if you really want to believe something, you're going to find a reason to believe it even if all the available facts point in the other direction. Nowhere is this more evident in the area of religion.

People are scared of the dark and don't want to die. The Witnesses (and other end-times hucksters) tickle their ears by offering "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" in a nice little package. Some people are gullible enough to buy into it. These people are not going to be dissuaded by facts.

Some of us prefer the real world. With all its flaws, at least it's real.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

reniaa:

...devoted to getting people out...

And how is that different from the JW's? Aren't they devoted to getting people out of what they perceive is a dead end?

If you escaped a dangerous cult like the Moonies, wouldn't you try to help others to get out? Do you think the active Moonies would demonize you for doing that? Do you think they would instruct all other active Moonies to avoid you like the plague since you have nothing "upbuilding" to say?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

And they preface their criticism of apostates' writings with this...

And while the apostates may also present certain facts, these are usually taken out of context with the goal of drawing others away from the table of Jehovah.

"Usually taken out of context"? That concedes that much of the time they are NOT taken out of context. On closer examination, I've found exJWs rarely take facts out of context. Want to review the entire article a statement has been taken out of? Go ahead and read the entire May 22, 1969 Awake! the facts of JW false prophecy are clear in the entire context.

"Drawing others away from the table of Jehovah"? Sorry, nice try using flawed assertions. On closer examination, it's "liberating others from forcing down the putrid slop from the Watchtower Corporation hog trough."

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

BluesBrother..Good thread!..

Apostates can only criticize , tear down and destroy " say the active dubs..Jehovah`s Witness`s mindlessly repeat anything the WBT$ prints..

"Where is their hope of something better?..6 billion people executed,gives Jehovah`s Witness`s Hope?..LOL!!

What is their message to mankind ?.."Get a life!!..LOL!!

If they have nothing better to offer..Anything is better than the Execution of 6billion people,simply because they will not join the WBT$ cult Religion the Jehovah`s Witness`s..

how can they attack our faith, which at least offers a hope of a better world?"..A better world?..The first day of Jehovah`s Witness Paradise,starts out with 6 billion dead people.....Who would want to miss that?

.................................................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi BluesBrother,

Great post!

Psacramento-My Mom is afraid that I will become an "apostate", why?

Because I did what she asked me to do years ago, to view the RCC with a critical eye based on scripture.

The problem it seems is that I applied that same eye to the WT ( and all other religions).

Cool! If the bible is the truth then see if it pans out that way, I agree. Let the walk agree with the talk!

My questioning of WT doctrine that is not scriptural but interpretive has caused her to fear for my salvation and for that of my wife and children.

I assured her that I have faith and belief in One God, our heavenly Father and his One Son, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour, who is the sole mediator beteen Us and God, who was crucified for our Sins, who was raised from the Dead and sits at his Fathers side.

I told her that my salvation is based on Faith and love in Jesus that from this love that the good deeds that I do, flow forth, not with the hope of recompense, but out of love with the hope of nothing other than "love begetting Love".

Keep reading your bible and drawing your own conclusions, not those dictated by someone else.

She is still worried about me...

No cause for alarm :)

All the best,

Stephen

• dinah
    dinah

Great post.

Isn't taking things out of context the same as the pot calling the kettle black?

• watson
    watson

Great question:

How do you know?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They can only criticize, tear down, and destroy the "hope" because the "hope" is based on nothing. Can they provide proof that the "new order" is coming? Can they prove that it isn't going to be merely another Dark Ages, where everything anyone does is what they are told to? And without using texts that are taken out of context, which would be all too easy to criticize, tear down, and destroy and almost impossible to defend?

In exchange for this "hope" that has not materialized despite being 135 years late (and counting), the witlesses criticize, tear down, and destroy everything that amounts to a regular life. They criticize, tear down, and destroy fun in childhood. They criticize, tear down, and destroy holiday and birthday celebrations, class trips, and memorable vacation trips. They criticize, tear down, and destroy hopes for teenagers to date each other. They criticize, tear down, and destroy hope for college and a decent paying job. They criticize, tear down, and destroy any and all free time and "excess" money that the members have. They criticize, tear down, and destroy people's rights to choose their own religion or to stay out of religion altogether. They criticize, tear down, and destroy hope in science, and the hope that one of their members can get involved in something that can solve some of our problems.

I don't know what they are accusing us apostates of doing that they aren't already doing even worse on.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

As usual, reniaa disappears once the hard questions are asked.

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

this forum, for the most part, proves their point.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit