birds

by John Doe 53 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
  • babygirl75
    babygirl75

Birds are too messy! Go with a little doggie, like a pomeranian. I have two and they are awesome!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I have an umbrella cockatoo and a cockateil. Rocco, my cockatoo, can make a hell of a lot of noise when he wants, so large parrots are not a good idea for apartment dwellers. He also is very affectionate, but can become aggressive especially when hormonal. A large parrot should be out of his cage for at least 5 hours a day. Rocco is out all the time, except at bedtime. He has a room to himself - my livingroom - which he happily chews the hell out of.

They're very intelligent and emotional, and require A LOT of one on one attention, or they will self destruct and even self mutilate.

If you're considering a cockatoo or other large parrot I suggest checking out this web site including their discussion board. They're brutally honest and don't pull any punches, but their primary interest is the welfare of the bird. I haven't found a better source of information anywhere. They've saved my ass, and Rocco's, several times.

http://www.mytoos.com

W

• m.seagull
    m.seagull

We have a pair of peach ring necked doves that are wonderful.

They are very tame and sound like they're laughing when they coo.

There are also smaller diamond doves that are gorgeous.

those sound like nice birds to have. they have my vote.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

I recommend you get a parrot

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I won't tell you what I think.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I won't tell you what I think.

lol

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I have an umbrella cockatoo and a cockateil. Rocco, my cockatoo, can make a hell of a lot of noise when he wants, so large parrots are not a good idea for apartment dwellers. He also is very affectionate, but can become aggressive especially when hormonal. A large parrot should be out of his cage for at least 5 hours a day. Rocco is out all the time, except at bedtime. He has a room to himself - my livingroom - which he happily chews the hell out of.
    They're very intelligent and emotional, and require A LOT of one on one attention, or they will self destruct and even self mutilate.
    If you're considering a cockatoo or other large parrot I suggest checking out this web site including their discussion board. They're brutally honest and don't pull any punches, but their primary interest is the welfare of the bird. I haven't found a better source of information anywhere. They've saved my ass, and Rocco's, several times.
    http://www.mytoos.com
    W

I love big birds, but I don't have the setup or the money for one. Parakeets are looking good. They are

1. cheap, to buy and to feed
    2. comical
    3. can be independant, so not as much time commitment
    4. are very pretty
    I think my mind is about made up, unless I learn something different. I'm looking for a good pet store around here. The ones here don't have many birds.
  • rebel8
    rebel8

Why don't you just make a baby? $0.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Please be careful of a cockatiel - we had one and gave it attention all day, every day. It was never enough, and it screeched all the time. Poor thing - I felt terrible getting rid of it. Talk about annoying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit