birds

by John Doe 53 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

So, I'm thinking of getting a pet bird with the money I saved by working on my own car. I'm trying to decide on species. Any suggestions?

I have raised cockatiels in the past, and I like them. However, I want to try something different this time. There are some marvelous green conures at the local pet shop, but I'm reading that these are demanding, can be noisy, and are prone to biting.

I'm thinking about going with a parakeet.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I HAD A PARAKEET...I trained it to say "Jehovah!"" Armeggedon's Coming,"
    "STUPID SUSIE" "TOBY"It said it very clearly...Used to bring the neighbours in to listen
    Counted time for it,,,, After all just as I was THEIR (WT) puppet this bird was mine...
    I am afraid HIS Armeggedon came when I stepped on it.
    But what goes around comes around, the WT "stepped on me"thought they killed me too
    but "I'M ALIVE!!! I'm ALIVE!!!!

• only me
    only me

We have a pair of peach ring necked doves that are wonderful.

They are very tame and sound like they're laughing when they coo.

There are also smaller diamond doves that are gorgeous.

We also have a couple cockatiels- they are 14 years old now and still going strong.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Love birds look like they are fun - though I haven't owned any birds in a long time - the last were budgies. Doves sounds like a good species too.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
  • palmtree67
    palmtree67

I had a Senegal parrot once. Nastiest little creature I've ever come across. I do not recommend.

• Quirky1
  • John Doe
    John Doe

I'd like to have an African Grey, but that's out of my price range. :-)

• John Doe
  • John Doe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit