Marijuana?

by Mando8000 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• oompa
    oompa

burn....you mean how many it has killed growing it, transporting it, and distributing it?..........oompa

and i tried a medical type vaporizor....neat gadget with digital temp display.......it still seemed like some smoke to me...though much cooler....isn't there still some smoke?

and i SAW a guy RECETNLY....a real moron..lol...OD on the stuff....way too many hits in too short a time.....he had a scary seizure and passed out......very scary.......none of even knew that you could OD on pot

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I'ver sat with gurus in India and lived with the holy weed for thirty years and my conclusion is that ganga is used as a shortcut to to the hard work that is enlightenment. Why do we in the West always look for the easy way?

Yep, I don't smoke anymore and I have learned so much...... Ahh but I needed smoke to realise this....

• shamus100
    shamus100

Why look at this crappy thread - all growed up into an actual debate. I'm so damned proud!

doofdaddy,

Not many people smoke weed in India. The cows sure as shit don't eat it!

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

John smoked it on Patmos.....Walah! Book of Revelation!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Ahhh Shamus Ahhh Shamus You understand!!! Well done and Namaste!!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

http://www.webmd.com/smoking-cessation/news/20030918/marijuana-smoking-doesnt-kill

Marijuana Smoking Doesn't Kill

Illegal Herb Not Harmless, but Data Show No Link to Death By Daniel J. DeNoon
    WebMD Health News

Sept. 18, 2003 -- Marijuana smoking isn't harmless, but at least it won't kill you.

It's been feared that marijuana smoke, like tobacco smoke, causes cancer andheart disease. The evidence argues otherwise, writes Stephen Sidney, MD, associate director for research for Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, Calif., in the Sept 20 issue of The British Medical Journal.

"Although the use of [marijuana] is not harmless, the current knowledge base does not support the assertion that it has any notable adverse public health impact in relation to mortality," Sidney concludes.

No Marijuana Deaths in 2 Large Studies

Sidney points to two large studies. The first is from (where else?) California. A large HMO looked at 65,177 men and women age 15-49. Over 10 years, marijuana users died no sooner than nonusers.

The second study looked at 45,450 Swedish army conscripts. They were 18-20 years old when asked about marijuana use. Fifteen years later, the marijuana users were just as likely to remain alive as nonusers.

And since marijuana smoking can't kill outright -- there's no such thing as a fatal marijuana overdose -- short-term use isn't deadly. Long-term use can't be good for you. But Sidney notes that most marijuana smokers don't become long-term users.

One worry about marijuana smoke is that it is inhaled, and held, deep in the lungs. But the typical user smokes only one marijuana cigarette -- or less -- a day. Tobacco users often smoke 20 or more cigarettes daily. Moreover, tobacco contains nicotine, a highly addictive substance. Marijuana, Sidney concludes, is less likely to harm than tobacco.

A 2001 study suggested that marijuana smoking increases the risk of heart attackin the hour immediately after smoking. But this seems to be the case in no more than one-fifth of 1% of heart attacks -- a very rare risk indeed.

More Marijuana Deaths in the Future?

Marijuana users shouldn't cancel their life insurance policies just yet. Sidney warns that longer-term data may indeed show that marijuana smoking eventually raises the risk of premature death.

And if marijuana is legalized, long-term use may become more common. If this is the case, there certainly will be more long-term effects of marijuana use.

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

So glad I live in Holland. Here you can buy it legal in a coffeeshop.

We consider it the same as drinking alcohol.

Just smoke it but not every day...

• Mando8000
    Mando8000

Blah blah blah all you people have is opinions, and if your saying its harmfull then maybe alcohol should be illegal 2 because as far as im concerned alcohol has a huge lead on deaths as well as your beloved legal tabacco. The conclusion is this use it in moderation and use it were it is legal until these morans realize it should be legal everywhere.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Time goes by so slooooooooooooooooooooooowly ... and you get paranoid.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Again, some news reports is still coming out with the most ignorant knowledge of pot. It is not by law classified as narcodic. I dare anyone find that SCIENTIFICALLY classified as such.

Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit