Marijuana?

by Mando8000 60 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mando8000
    Mando8000

I would like to speak with a JW or anyone here who believes in god, and I would like in fact I dare you to find a reason why humans shouldnt use cannabis. <--(MARIJUANA) Actually i will give you one and it is the only one that i have found. The only reason i found is because in most places it is illegal and god says to respect there laws but anything besides this I believe is BS so again i dare u to give me a reason besides what I stated.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Nah. Now go smoke one.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Cannibas been around since creation, so why make something that God made illegal.

It has great medical properties and helps cancer patients really well, especially during chemo.

Cops always mistakenly classify it as narcodics and it's not. Never has been classified that way.

You can't get cancer from it as studies shown, you can't overdose on it, nothing.

Yet what's legal can kill you, tobacco and alcohol. Go figure.

Yet millions of people are needlessly jailed and lives ruined over something as trivial as this. Waste of taxpayer's money.

If it were made legal, it'll put a BIG dent in revenue that dope dealers depend on to promote and sell hard drugs that kills people. Prolly put a good number of them out of business.

Some states already have made it legal to possess less than 100 grams of pot. Anything over that results a $100 fine. Public smoking gets you arrested and driving while high gets you the same penalties as DUI.

Legalize it and tax it. Great revenue source for both Federal and State.

Yiz

• oompa
    oompa

well...actually.....eat it?...prob ok.....but smoke?......smoke of any type in lungs is prob bad....(plus it burns the back of my throat)....sit around a campfire...wind blows smoke your way?......you soon move..........oompa

• Mando8000
    Mando8000

Yep so im still waiting??? anyone

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritual_use_of_cannabis#Ancient_Hebraic_use

According to Aryeh Kaplan, [ 23 ] cannabis was an ingredient in the Holy anointing oil mentioned in various sacred Hebrew texts. The herb of interest is most commonly known as kaneh-bosem (?????-??????; the singular form of which would be kaneh-bos [ 24 ] ) which is mentioned several times in the Old Testament as a bartering material, incense, and an ingredient in Holy anointing oil used by the high priest of the temple.

The Septuagint (300 BCE) translates kaneh-bosem as calamus, and this translation has been propagated unchanged to most later translations of the Torah (1500 BCE+). However, Polish anthropologist Sula Benet published etymological arguments that the Aramaic word for hemp can be read as kannabos and appears to be a cognate to the modern word 'cannabis', [ 25 ] with the root kan meaning reed or hemp and bosm meaning fragrant. Both cannabis and calamus are fragrant, reed-like plants containing psychotropic compounds. While Benet's conclusion regarding the psychoactive use of cannabis is not universally accepted among Jewish scholars, there is general agreement that cannabis is used in talmudic sources to refer to hemp fibers, as hemp was a vital commodity before linen replaced it. [ 26 ]

Moreover, the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Take thou also unto thee principal spices, of pure myrrh five hundred shekels, and of sweet cinnamon half so much, even 250 shekels, and of qaneh-bosm (CANNABIS?) 250 shekels, And of cassia 500 shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary, and of oil olive an hin: And thou shalt make it an oil of holy anointment, an ointment compound after the art of the apothecary: it shall be an holy anointing oil. And thou shalt anoint the tabernacle of the congregation therewith, and the ark of the testimony, And the table and all his vessels, and the candlestick ahd his vessels, and the altar of incense, And the altar of burnt offerings with all his vessels, and the laver and his foot. And thou shalt sanctify them, that they may be most holy: whatsoever toucheth them shall be holy. (Exodus 30:22-29)

• shamus100
    shamus100

Okay, I'll bite.

Every person that smokes pot is going against Jesus. "I'd rather smoke weed than kiss Jesus" is the term I've heard over the years at the marijuana farms in eastern British Columbia, Canada! There, they would sacrifice young kittens, scream obscenities, and run naked in the moon every July 1st - Canada Day.

It was a sick sick sick sight, and every person that smokes pot I wish they would die, die, die, die, die.

Jesus wants you to kiss him. Kiss Jesus... kiss him! KISS HIM! HE LOVES YOU! AAAUUUGHHH!!

• Mando8000
    Mando8000

Lmao ^^^ yea thats wat i thought not one of you can gimmie a good reason. Im not saying be a stoner im just saying that it should be the same with cannabis as it is with beer and should be used in moderation.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Why would anyone on this site have an answer to this question? Smoke away brother. I believe in God and I believe it is a bad idea to to break the law. However smokin weed isn't much worse than getting drunk. It does damage your body and kill a few brain cells, but so does red meat. 120 years ago opium was the headache drug of choice - It really made your headache go away. Everything should be legal - but authorized and distributed only by the government - that will make it really boring and no one will want it.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Mando8000,

YOU GOT A FISH! YOU GOT ONE BROTHER OR SISTER! Reel him in! Give er! FLAME AWAY! KISS JESUS!

Jesus after smoking a gagger and watching "Family Guy".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit