People STILL believe in Demons and Ghosts on this site...bloody 16th Century rubbish!

by Witness 007 74 Replies latest jw experiences

• Warlock
    Warlock

dp,

NOW you made me cry.

Road Rage?

Now THAT'S speculation.

Read what YOU said, bitch.

Warlock

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Coward.

• Twitch
    Twitch

lol

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I ain't scared of no ghost!

:p

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Drwtsn32,

Your anecdote is unconvincing to those of us that demand extraordinary proof for such extraordinary claims. Our mind and our senses can fool us, that's all I'm sayin....

I don't have to produce proof for others to believe my own claims.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Then I certainly hope you can appreciate that at the same time, we (the others), are not obligated to believe your undemonstratable claims.

I may claim I own a bridge and can sell it to you at a reasonable price, but you would be foolish to hand over your money without first requesting to see said bridge and proof of my ownership.

- Lime

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Drwtsn32,

Your anecdote is unconvincing to those of us that demand extraordinary proof for such extraordinary claims. Our mind and our senses can fool us, that's all I'm sayin....

Ok, but don't be surprised if no one else believes it.

• truthseeker
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I'm automatically skeptical of most "ghost" stories and all "demon" stories. Clearly, there are a lot of hoaxes. I've heard some stories from people that were previously skeptics who experienced things and became "believers in something" or just "confused". The only 'supernatural' experiences I've had would be a guy I know that seems to have some type of ESP. I won't bother to go into detail, since I don't want to get flamed about his "lucky guesses" or "spying and research". It's just something that is beyond rational explanation for me. I don't understand it. I'm not afraid of it. I don't lose sleep over it. Someday there may be an explanation.

Yes, someday in the future there may be a logical explanation for things we consider 'supernatural' and impossible today. A couple hundred years ago, the idea of horseless carriages, flying machines, talking through wires, and now communicating through tiny wireless handheld devices, would have been considered irrational, impossible, demonic, lock-them-up-in-an-assylum! But the properties of combustion, air, electricity, radiowaves, etc., which were previously invisible and not understood, are now established science. Epilepsy used to be considered "demon possession", now it's not.

Many of the things we now try to dismiss as impossible, irrational, superstitious, could have a rational explanation in the future. Of course, I doubt it will be ghosts or demons. I don't know what or when. I'm just not completely skeptical, particularly when someone says, "You have to believe exactly this way or you're stupid!" Yeah, that kind of line kept me in the dubs for waaay too long.

B the X

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Good point Billy,

The physical laws governing our universe have always existed, so the fact that new things are discovered which makes use of these laws should not surprise us too much.

Look at the development of the cellphone in just 20 years, from a brick sized device to a hand held device you can use to order a pizza.

Once scientists start developing products using properties of quantum physics, things should get interesting! Teleportation, quantum entanglement etc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit