An Open Letter to Jehovah's Witnesses

by AK - Jeff 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• reniaa
    reniaa

HI loubelle

Nope because I go presenting my faith first I say this is what we offer and the householder can decide to take me up on a discussion or not it's their choice, When Jw's knock bible in hand they are offering a new understanding of God they have drawn from God's inspired word the bible with holy spirit guidance.

When someone just wants to deconstruct someone's faith they do not offer an alternative, they are saying "you are free, now your on your own go find a way to either find another belief in God or accept death, illness and limitations of life around you as facts you cannot escape. bye now!"

Man can give no hope beyond our limits but God offers hope beyond that.

In America or England we live in the top 10% of the worlds populations we have all the good things that man can do, we have the money, the food, the best health care and yet still we complain. in other countries they have far less and all men can offer them is barely a chance to live with only a lot of pain and suffering in many places.

maybe that is the point of jesus saying. it's easier to get a "camel through an eye of a needle than a richman getting into the kingdom of God" maybe enjoying a relatively rich and enjoyable life gives you a distraction from the fact that there is so much more we can aim for.

Reniaa

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

Mrcimondi

Thanks for the complement. Yeh I am VERY STUPID!!!

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

But you did recently admit that you have indeed lost all faith in the Bible AK-Jeff and I'm guessing you are also an atheist now, right? We are quick to trash JW's for not having sincere motives, but do you really, really understand what motivates you to write stuff like this?

JW's and other religions evangelise to bring people into their religious belief system. Atheists evangelise to get people out of religious belief systems and into irreligious belief systems. They are all equally sure they are right and closer to the truth while believing the other side is hopelessly misinformed or blinded. It's the same coin just flip-sides.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

so reniaa, it's man fault that the rest of the world has suffering?

is it man's faul that the sahara desert get's bigger every year causig more starvation?

is it man's fault for the earthquakes, like the one in italy last year?

is it man's fault for disasters like the tsunami?

yeah yeah yeah, you're gonna say "man has destroyed the earth"

well, let me tell you that these events have been happening since the earth was born

so, according to you, god makes some people suffer and be poor so they can beleive in him? what a god you believe in!

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi dacheech

I think you found I said none of those things, I believe the bible when it tells us on adam and eve the situation with satan striking the first blow to destroy us and draw us into his rebellion against Jehovah.

Jesus himself called Satan a murderer for his actions in eden. "he was a murderer from the beginning" but we have the consequences of his actions and adams. Jesus paid the ransom so we can aspire to more than the terrible things you rightly say we are stuck with. I am not going to give up on Jehovah I have faith he is doing this the only real way to save the whole of mankind. I am not giving up on God.

Reniaa

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

okay Reniaa - that's how you see it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

When someone just wants to deconstruct someone's faith they do not offer an alternative, they are saying "you are free, now your on your own go find a way to either find another belief in God or accept death, illness and limitations of life around you as facts you cannot escape. bye now!"

Great letter, Jeff. It's something just like I have on my mind, but said better.
    As far as "deconstructing" the faith of others, some don't get it. I am sure you will answer better, but I simply say that I don't want to deconstruct anyone's faith. That's just a catchy phrase. What I try to do with a couple of loved ones is encourage them to think/decide for themselves instead of consult WT magazines to determine their opinions/ideas/practices. They are being misled by a dangerous mind-control cult.

Comments like that above remind me of my wife and others that are under the spell still. They want a perfect solution to their problem of finding "the truth" before they can leave "the lie." "Find me a religion that believes in Jehovah, completely answers all questions about the Bible like JW's do, and doesn't have any problems whatsoever. Find me the religion that teaches what WT teaches and I will leave WT for it."

Instead, they live in the fantasy that WTS answers their questions and they don't deal with thinking/deciding/acting for themselves.
    If it was the truth, the end either would have come or they would never have risen so many false alarms.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"is it man's faul that the sahara desert get's bigger every year causig more starvation?"

Yes, because of over-exploiting the natural resources, overgrazing etc. A few thousand years ago, the Mediterranean area was green - today it is mostly barren. Why? Because of goats and their overgrazing. When nothing is done in Sahara in terms of planting new trees, but you on the edges or fringes only have deforestation and overgrazing, the desert grows as a result.

is it man's fault for disasters like the tsunami?

The results of it yes, to a large amount. Why? Because they had chopped down the mangrove forest and built tourist resorts in stead. In the areas where the mangrove forest was still existing, no damage took place, because the roots act like a huge sponge and managed to "swallow" the incoming ocean. Some hundred feet away, where the tourist resorts were built, disaster took place.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Let me answer in short generalities here, regarding a few comments that stick out - naming no names.

• I am not atheist. I would likely classify myself agnostic at this point, if a cubbyhole is needed.
    • The letter I wrote had nothing whatsoever to do with 'deconstructing' anyone's faith. It suggested just the opposite - respect that goes both ways. Does this mean that I would never suggest aiding someone out of the religion? No. But that was not the reason [nor was it even mentioned if I recall] for this open letter.
    • I do not suggest replacing faith with 'non-faith', if that is what keeps one happy and content. I only talk about my faith, and my longtime experience as one of Jehovah's Witnesses - how those credentials should at least make me [or others who leave] worthy of at least a "Why?".

I have a love/hate relationship with Jehovah's Witnesses. I don't think that is uncommon. That also is non-pertinent to this discussion and it's particularities. It is primarily an appeal for individual respect - even to those who dare to leave.

Jeff

• DaCheech

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit