An Open Letter to Jehovah's Witnesses

by AK - Jeff 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

old hippie, even the bible mentions deserts

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Thank you AK-Jeff for posting this wonderfully well written heartfelt letter. I hope many JWs get to read it and have their hearts touched by it. We ex JWs are thinking, feeling human beings first and foremost, just like everybody else, which is something that seems to be forgotten by those JWs that actively shun us.

Hopscotch

• reniaa
    reniaa

Hi dacheech

Your point? I was speculating from Jesus's words that saying the end comes because if it didn't 'none would be saved', it's end game stuff, whereas how we got into this mess in the first place is adam and satan stuff. but it might be better to start a new thread if we are covering, why man is the way he is discussion.

Reniaa

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

you keep on mixing animals/earth with the death sentence (old age) that god put upon adam

• fokyc
    fokyc

Jeff,

A brilliant letter, I can recognise every step of your progress, I too have followed a very similar path.

I have now at such a late stage seen what evil liars the elders etc are and many of them don't even believe it themselves. The elevated ones enjoy being able to lord it over a bunch of quivering idiots, I was one of the quivering idiots for nearly 50 years.

fokyc

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

Jeff,

As an active witness I have to say you have made your point in an impeccable manner. Technically you are an apostate, still I feel closer to you than to those within the JWs led by intolerance and moral superiority feelings.(Discalimer: If anyone thinks that this comments refers to the annoying thread hi-jacker ... well, you are right)

Faith - by definition- cannot be decosntructed. Faith is the path we take when reason can't help us. But there really no reasons behind faith, other than wanting to believe. But that's pretty philosophical so let's leave it at that.

While I don't ibelieve"change from within", let me assure you that many, many current JW's, not few in authority positions, know that there's something terribly wrong; you have pointed to many of those 'wrongs'. I particulary share your views on 'Hope'. I'm focused on my family and their well-being. I care for people. I am an elder and I refuse to see people as 'brothers' or 'worldly' or 'inactive' or 'weak' or 'pioneer'. They are my fellow humans, and I'll do my best to comfort and help them.

People lke you prove to me that bitterness is not necessary. And in the human sense of the word, I'm proud to consider you a brother.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

anyway jeff

sorry to hyjack your thread with reniaa bulls$#$.

great writing!

we need more of it

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thanx DaCheech - no problem at all. I love Reniaa as an equal with anyone else here. I don't always agree, and often don't understand her comments - but I love her just the same.

Jeff

• snowbird
    snowbird
    I love Reniaa as an equal with anyone else here

I like your letter and love your attitude, AK-Jeff.

Sylvia

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Excellent letter Jeff. Well written and to the point.

I also find Reniaa’s comments entertaining. Her postings are not the posting of a Witness in full fellowship with the local KH. There is an interesting streak of independence about them, not what you would expect from a JW in good standing. She gives lip service to most Watchtower doctrines, yet it seems that she would have more in common with the Bible Students, Assemblies of Yahweh, or the Christadelphians.

Nevertheless, she enjoys the fellowship that she receives on this forum. Here one has freedom of expression, something that does not exist at the KH where the questions for discussion are found at the bottom of the page of the Watchtower magazine and the answers are found in the paragraphs above the questions.

However, Reniaa, while many of us here respect your right to proselytize for your beliefs, you also have to respect other’s rights to proselytize Jehovah’s Witnesses. No one is forcing JWs to visit this forum, and no one is forcing them to read the postings. JWs are free to take what they read here and compare it with Watchtower publications. The decision is theirs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit