phrases that annoy you

by John Doe 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Denial
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007

"Let me give you the 411...." "A.S.A.P"........and people who use words like "Plethera" {Watchtower} just so they can sound like arrogant ass#oles who know more then you.....honestly, who the hell goes into KFC Chicken and says: "Yes, I will have a Plethera of Chicken Nuggets...."

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

"No I won't have sex with you."

• dig692
    dig692

"That's what she said"

• loosie
    loosie

Slicker than owl snot on a doorknob - That one really gets me because it raise so many questions. Do owls really have snot? What is an owl doing in the house? and how did his alleged snot get on the doorknob?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Some experts on grammar say that this has become acceptable through usage:

"Just between you and I."

Don't like it!

CoCo

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

The overuse of..... "youknowhatImsayin?".....added after every sentence. UGH!

"Believe you me"....(ALWAYS hated that term since I was 10 years old and spent the summer with relatives that all used this phrase. To this day I cringe when I hear it but thank goodness it isn't as popular as it used to be.

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

"Everything happens for a reason."

"Alls I...."

"You know what I mean "(when it is clear that I have no idea what the person is talking about)

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I hate it when people "coversate."

I don't hate this one because most people don't know it, but I think it's funny when people claim to be nautious. Being nautious means that you cause other people to become nauseated. I like to point that out to the person and laugh just before they throw up on me. Huh, I guess they were nautious after all.

• Denial

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit