Have you ever had your palm read, fortune told, or read your horoscope etc?

by restrangled 48 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

I've had Wicca, Italian Folk Magic, and Voodoo rituals done for me. None produced anything near the results I desired.

I did a Novena once, and 3 weeks later, my wish came true. I don't have any evidence that the Novena had anything to do with it.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    I wonder if my palm could be read - I have a horrific scar that would interfere with it.

Don't worry, it won't. Cold reading is immune to such things. Hell, you could have it done even if you didn't have any hands.

• restrangled
    restrangled

JD, seems I have lost the book, but just for fun google The Secret Language of Birthdays and your Birthday Month and day It will pull up one page for you.

r.

• yknot
    yknot

My husband's cousin was heavily into astrology and presented us with a hugh 'report' .......

I acted as a mean little killjoy JW and pointed out that there are 13 zodiac signs not twelve... it totally ruined astrology for her.

I find it all to be horsepucky but I think people read into it all what they want.....kinda like the JWs to the WTS/FDS/GB flame.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Yea, did all that. Had my chart done, which was interesting but I found I zeroed in on what I wanted/liked to hear and essentially ignored what I didn't. Also, the witch that did the chart was very good at reading people, a fact I discovered when I loaded some questions opposite of what she believed I wanted to hear.

It was fun though.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    JD, seems I have lost the book, but just for fun google The Secret Language of Birthdays and your Birthday Month and day It will pull up one page for you.
    r.

It is my contention that if you know the descrition is for your birthdate, you will read things into the description that you wouldn't otherwise. For this reason, reading such a book would be meaningless. The test I propose would easily demonstrate whether the book is accurate or not.

• loosie
    loosie

I had my Aura read once...he was right on.

• rebel8
    rebel8

A study was done to prove the accuracy of astrology.

Participants were asked to send in their birth dates, receive a free reading, then complete a survey about its accuracy.

Most rated the reading as being extremely accurate.

The readings mailed to them were not their own, but were readings of serial killers.

The study's results have been replicated.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Priceless. The beauty of astrology is that it's completely vague and could apply to anyone.

I have a friend who believes in that stuff...thinks it's very accurate. I picked up a paper and asked her sign. I read it to her, but chose one from a different sign. She said "Oh yeah that totally fits me" or something to that effect. I told her I read the wrong one, and read another (wrong one) which she also thought was accurate.

I wonder if she got my point. Probably not. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit